Author Topic: Owen's Mk3 Gti  (Read 4459 times)

Offline owenfranssen

• Not said much yet
Owen's Mk3 Gti
« on: 01 October 2012, 17:37 »
Hi all, I'm going to try and update this regularly with the progress on Mk3 Gti.

I've already posted a bunch of photos in my introduction thread - so I won't repeat those - photos so far here

In addition to the above, coilovers have been purchased, so as soon as they arrive my german ebay bargain wheels should finally be making their way on to the car.

Which reminds me, I've tried taking the hex bolts out from the back of the rear hubs in order to fit my camber shims, but I couldn't budge them and I didn't want to round them off ... any tips?

Gavv8

Re: Owen's Mk3 Gti
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2012, 21:57 »
Heat and irwin stud extractor seems to be the way.

Offline owenfranssen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2012, 12:12 »
Progress is slow at the moment :/ Coilovers aren't here yet, so I'm a bit stuck on moving forward with fitting my wheels.

I've got some body mods in mind, but they're having to wait for a day where I have time and decent weather... not a very common occurrence unfortunately.

On the plus side, I may have bagged some new front seats for next to nothing... fingers crossed :)

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2012, 15:01 »
let's see some pics!

Offline owenfranssen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2012, 22:17 »
Seats in the bag, just need to organise transport

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 02 November 2012, 07:53 »
Cars looking good so far buddy! Keep it up :)

Offline owenfranssen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2012, 15:01 »
No seats, why would you post an item on ebay and then plain refuse to talk to the winning bidder about collection and payment   :huh:
And the coilovers I paid for over a month ago have still not arrive  :angry: So my wheels have been in my shed waiting to be fitted for over 4 months now

On the plus side however, I have a full Vento front end sitting in the shed together with a pair of colour coded bumpers and two straight wings waiting to be smoothed and painted...

So, I want to paint myself, what would you all recommend, rattle cans or spray gun and compressor? How do they compare cost wise (besides the cost of a gun and the rental of a compressor of course) and finish wise (bearing in mind I've never used a paint gun)?

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2012, 17:04 »
Professional garages use guns & compressors over rattle cans for a good reason  :whistle:

Its all in preperation as they say  :smiley:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2012, 18:30 »
i've heard paint guns are definately the way to go for big jobs ie whole car.. good luck! :)

nice motor btw :)

Offline stu 88

• Here all the time
  • Looking for a cheap set of 17's
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2012, 22:35 »
And the coilovers I paid for over a month ago have still not arrive  :angry:

I sent them, you got them I can see how a courier can lose 4 coilovers, I lose out on the £115 you paid me for them, £22 it cost me to send them and a new set of coilovers  :angry:

I'd advise anyone selling to Owen insists on him collecting in person.
Looking for a cheap set of 17's