Author Topic: Finally, after 17 odd weeks....  (Read 6544 times)

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: Finally, after 17 odd weeks....
« Reply #20 on: 07 September 2009, 08:15 »
Congrats, very nice car. Not really sure about the mudflaps, though...

If it hadn't been mentioned, I wouldn't have noticed the mud flaps at all!

I guess that's a good thing and prob due to the fact the car is black.

V nice motor, mine is pretty much the same too :)

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 07 September 2009, 09:32 »

Get your priorities right, she'll have another birthday next year  :grin:

Steven.

:grin: :grin:

we are going to the zoo today - obviously we have to take my car   :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 07 September 2009, 09:32 »
Great taste in music and oh cars too. Does the dynaudio make it a must have?

:cool:

its a must have - i'm well impressed with it!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 07 September 2009, 10:08 »

:grin: :grin:

we are going to the zoo today - obviously we have to take my car   :laugh:

If it's a safari, take a different car.  Those monkeys can be, monkeys  :grin:
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 07 September 2009, 10:10 »
I think I saw you driving yesterday, I won't say where as I'm always a bit wary of disclosing info like that in public after our last one got nicked. I was driving a silver 09 plate and we passed on a roundabout but I don't think you saw me staring back. Over the weekend I have now seen 3 other GTI's in the area after being the only one for the last 4 weeks!  
Amazing isn't it, I have now done 2000 miles and the engine is really loosening up. Took it for a real good thrash on Saturday night and couldn't believe how good the car actually is. Far exceeds my expectations.
Might see you around. Mine is 5 door, silver, RCD510, Leather, xenons!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 07 September 2009, 16:11 »
I think I saw you driving yesterday, I won't say where as I'm always a bit wary of disclosing info like that in public after our last one got nicked. I was driving a silver 09 plate and we passed on a roundabout but I don't think you saw me staring back. Over the weekend I have now seen 3 other GTI's in the area after being the only one for the last 4 weeks!  
Amazing isn't it, I have now done 2000 miles and the engine is really loosening up. Took it for a real good thrash on Saturday night and couldn't believe how good the car actually is. Far exceeds my expectations.
Might see you around. Mine is 5 door, silver, RCD510, Leather, xenons!

i know who you are!!  my missus saw you a few weeks ago cause we have spent the last few weeks looking out for your car lol!  small world!  you're right, yours is the only she has seen, she said it looked lovely!!  i'll give you a wave next time i see you!!

can't wait to start putting my foot down properly in it - although on the way back from the zoo (no monkeys are getting near my car!) some d1ckhead in a leon thought he could give us a run for our money - don't think so mate....!!!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 September 2009, 19:57 »
Funny that Matchboy. People keep asking me if anyone's "had a go" yet. And to be honest, nobody has. I was expecting screeching tyres at every traffic light so I'm pleasantly surprised.
Maybe people look at it and think there's no point messing!!!!

Offline DL

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 07 September 2009, 20:36 »

[/quote]
i know who you are!!  my missus saw you a few weeks ago cause we have spent the last few weeks looking out for your car lol!  small world!  you're right, yours is the only she has seen, she said it looked lovely!!  i'll give you a wave next time i see you!!

can't wait to start putting my foot down properly in it - although on the way back from the zoo (no monkeys are getting near my car!) some d1ckhead in a leon thought he could give us a run for our money - don't think so mate....!!!
[/quote]

I'll look out for you! Wait till you've run it in, simply awesome!!!!

Offline gabrialboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 08 September 2009, 06:53 »
Nice car dude :cool: Very nicely specced!

I've had mixed reactions wrt the dynaudio upgrade as some dealers have said it's not worth the extra $ and others claim it's awesome :undecided: On my mk5 the sound was really good for a std system so how does the std system on the 6 compare to that... and then obviously to the dynaudio... do you get extra speakers as well?.....
Current Ride: 2011 UG Golf VI Gti DSG
Past Rides:
2011 Honda Civic Type R Championship White
2005 Renault Sport Megane 225
2006 UG Golf 5 GTI
2007 R56 MINI Cooper S- Dark Silver
2008 Ibis White Audi S3

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 08 September 2009, 09:14 »
Im actually quite shocked at the quality of the std system.. it seems miles better than the mk5 one. Even had me thinking (hoping) that they had accidentally fitted the dynaudio pack without the speaker logo's (optomistic i know :grin:).

Or it could just be down to a better head unit :undecided: either way im quite happy with it.. gonna try stay away from the dynaudio guys!!