Author Topic: Best Car Ever Owned?  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Pimpster

• GTI forum regular
Best Car Ever Owned?
« on: 08 July 2003, 12:37 »
Ignoring the bias (would we do that?!!) what is the best car you ever owned?

Just a hint. Mine isnt the golf. :o

(this should get you all going!)

Offline Justins145bhpMK1

• I live here
Re:Best Car Ever Owned?
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2003, 12:58 »
My 1.9 TSR Engined MK1 for fun.

Everyday driveability my 8v Chilli Red MK3

Offline ch33ky_monk3y

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2003, 12:59 »
Best handling - MX5
Most smooth and refined cruiser - BMW320
Best load capacity - Merc estate

But the best all rounder - Golf GTI Anniversary. For the money it's reasonably quick, very practical, looks good, fairly economical and most important of all, it's the only one of my cars that's ever had aircon and I love it.

Offline Pimpster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2003, 13:31 »
Well i thought i'd join in!

Best Handling: 306 xsi 135bhp model. Totally controllable lift off oversteer - not as twitchy as golf.

Quickest: As above

Best built: Golf - Stands to reason.

Most Memorable: Ford Orion 1.4GL - First car, and first car to practise horizontal olympics in - ahhh, the memories!

Worst Car: Citroen AX GT. None of the good stuff of the Pug, None of the build quality of the golf and just plain nasty. Thought i'd be better protected in a paper mache balloon.

Offline ashaudi

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 08 July 2003, 14:01 »
 :o

Audi A4 1.8T 163. Great news, they just increased the new engine output to 190PS! Just my luck. I have to have an S4 tho`. Better start saving now!! Have considered a 2.7 two turbo old S4 but really need the V8.

ps. I dont actually own a golf. Should I rack off?

Offline stoat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 08 July 2003, 16:56 »
for scary amounts of power it has to be my mums car alfa 164 2L t-spark got it to 140mph very quickly, there is a 3L V6 version and that meant to be even better.  The only two cars I have owned are a mk2 1.3 and a mk3 Gti, no guessing what one I like.  My mate has driven the new 2L Turbo VX220 and he is in love with it, it will take you to 60 in 4 sec and you have Lotus handling
MK3 GTI 8V

i-espedair

« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2003, 00:38 »
R plate, MK3 8v. Red as satan himself. 17" 9 spoke TT wheels with rain response 40's sticking it to the black stuff as a squeezed 190bhp make your eyes roll back and rumbles through a 3 inch bore of stainless steel cat replacement only a foot away from your crouch!

My girlfriend loves it!

Offline Pimpster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2003, 19:51 »
Nice! how did you get 190bhp out of your 8v?!!

i-espedair

« Reply #8 on: 11 July 2003, 00:35 »
All the usual mods + custom Powerflow exhaust manifold, cat replacement pressure box, and centre pipe, all 3", into a Magnex twin DTM box at rear. Custom induction kit - my secret - designed by me, using lots of parts from other well known makes, heat shielding some body modification and some standard parts (cheap and +12bhp in theory). AMD chip, tuning and port and polish. All new leads plugs and sports ignition kit. Performance fuel pump. Sports cluch, cam... the list goes on. Did every thing basically. Breaks and suspension next!

Offline Pimpster

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 11 July 2003, 08:44 »
Sounds nice! What sort of performance times are you getting?

For the cost of all that could you have put a VR6 lump in?!!