Author Topic: K-Jet Engine  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Dean

• Not said much yet
K-Jet Engine
« on: 28 June 2003, 21:57 »
Hi, can anyone give me a link to a site with a good explanation of how the fuel injection system works on the k-jet engine.

I have a 1986 Golf GTi 8v, with the K-jet engine. It is a little sluggish at the moment and I was hoping to get some info as to why it may be like this.

Regards.

Dean.
I am just a mere pawn in the great game of LIFE!

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re:K-Jet Engine
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2003, 11:51 »

Offline Dean

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2003, 12:14 »
Thanks rich and hazel, this gives a basic overview, but I was looking for something a little more detailed.

Is it just me or can anyone else use the links on richandhazels site? I jus get error messages.

What pages I have seen on your site look good.

I have had my golf for about 3 and a half years now, it stalls immediately on start up but then fires up with no probs and runs fine. Well very sluggish while cold, and not very responsive at low revs.

I have not really been looking after this car, and considering this, and the good condition it is in, I thought it is maybe the time to start looking after it. I have done 50,000 miles in it, and spent approx ?800 on maintenance, which is not a great deal.

It was a german import in 1986, it has the full leather interior and is generally a fantastic car, which I do not want to get rid of.

Regards.

Dean.
I am just a mere pawn in the great game of LIFE!

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2003, 12:17 »
Which links are you getting the error messages with..........I'll try and rectify them.  ???
Not sure if its me or NTL, I know they have been having some problems lately.   >:(

Thanks rich and hazel, this gives a basic overview, but I was looking for something a little more detailed.

Is it just me or can anyone else use the links on richandhazels site? I jus get error messages.

What pages I have seen on your site look good.

I have had my golf for about 3 and a half years now, it stalls immediately on start up but then fires up with no probs and runs fine. Well very sluggish while cold, and not very responsive at low revs.

I have not really been looking after this car, and considering this, and the good condition it is in, I thought it is maybe the time to start looking after it. I have done 50,000 miles in it, and spent approx ?800 on maintenance, which is not a great deal.

It was a german import in 1986, it has the full leather interior and is generally a fantastic car, which I do not want to get rid of.

Regards.

Dean.