Author Topic: another central locking problem!  (Read 2492 times)

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
another central locking problem!
« on: 27 June 2003, 09:47 »

I have just splashed out and bought some mk2 16v rear light clusters and whilst messing with that i came across some funny motor thing which i have found out is something to do with the central locking...coz the central locking stopped working.  Checked all wires going in and out they seem to be ok and the weird noise it makes is it normal??? ???  When I press the alarm button the motor still makes a noise but no movement by the locks...

If so does anyone have any suggestions about what it is or have I just buggered the motor?

Much appreciated! Manesh  

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
Re:another central locking problem!
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2003, 09:51 »
just read the other posted problem about central locking! My motor makes a noise for more than 5 secs - could be a leak - do you reackon i have hit the nail on the head??

Offline stew8vmk2golf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2003, 11:04 »
my mk2 constantl made a noise when was being operated. it sounded like a pump. I think this pump is something to do with the locking fuel flap?

Offline modulater

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 28 June 2003, 12:53 »
Did the central locking pack up the same time you fitted the rear lights clusters, If so you have probably disturbed the air pipes from the motor. The central locking pump is by the right hand rear light cluster and the fuel flap pump is the little blue actuator just on the outside of the inner wing panel in the boot. check out the other posting and see the link richard and hazel has put, that will put you on the right track.

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2003, 19:23 »
cheers mate you are a  :D  star!!!!! ;) :) 8)

I checked around the back of the car and one of the pipes from the central locking motor had come out, simple as!! Only one problem the motor seems to be working but after 3 seconds of making noise and doing the central locking function it makes a loud pop noise.  Is the motor a water or air pump because if it is an water pump then could it be outta water?? How would I refill. Does you reackon the motor is on its way out?

Thanks for the help much appreciated....

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2003, 22:00 »
its an air vaccuum pump.

Offline modulater

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2003, 23:38 »
The loud popping noise is probably the air escaping from the pipe when the pump stops the vacuum its creating. The pipe used for the central locking is small bore and even with a loose connection it will still hold a little vacuum in itself. Also don't forget that even when its all connected up properly it will take a few locks and unlocks to get the system working properly.

Offline cfbgolfgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2003, 11:37 »
im crap wit cars but im desprate 2 sort my central lockin prob. if  i jus replace my old central lockin motor wit this sort the problem out

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2003, 18:39 »

im gonna be a dell boy and glue the pipe connections of the pump together and all the other connection pumps, obvoiusly not blocking the pipes though!!! If that fails im just gonna go v-dub and tell them rip off merchants to fix it.....oh yeah.....i got 12 months warranty LOL with car plan...looks like a new motor for me then.. ;)