Author Topic: any1 tried 10k boost???  (Read 1752 times)

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
any1 tried 10k boost???
« on: 24 June 2003, 23:45 »
Hello

It has been recommended to me to use 10k boost available at some tuning stockists.  I've been told it makes the engine smooth to f**k .  If you have used it can you let me know if it is any good!!! Or is it a waste of money !

I hear it makes the engine tick over very smootly and gives more hp .....

Cheers  ???

Offline VWnut

• GTI forum regular
Re:any1 tried 10k boost???
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2003, 08:25 »
I can't use it on my 16v k-jet because you can't spray it close enough to the throttle body but it did use it on an astra i had. It does make a bit of difference, the car sounded a lot quieter on tick over, didn't notice any difference performance wise though.

Offline stew8vmk2golf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 June 2003, 20:16 »
 :o I remember reading in a copy of max power that they can sometimes do more damage than good to older cars, as the cars get older leaks and cracks get blocked by carbon deposits, the 10k boost cleans the insides removing all these carbon deposits, there by opening up all the leaks and cracks previously sealed. use with caution.

Offline m4nesh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 25 June 2003, 21:05 »

Cheers Boyz!!!!

U just scared me off!!! Think your advise is spot on! Can anyone recommend anything to get my mk2 GTI 8v to:
1.  Idle smoother
2.  Smoother engine response through the gears

Much appreciated

Offline VWnut

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2003, 06:56 »
Supercharger??? ;)
Try taking off the throttle body and giving it a good clean, makes the world of difference. Take out the idle screw and clean that as well (replace the rubber seal while that is out).