Author Topic: Corgi Vanguard Model VA12003B - Exact model of my fathers car  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Samuels1961

• Just got here
Hi. I am new to forums, so I am unsure if anyone will be able to help me but here goes...
My father purchased a Mark 1 GTI Golf in 2011. It had many previous owners, and we didn't realise anything abnormal about this purchase. He was then given a Corgi Vanguard model as a gift, and we were shocked to discover that the number plate matched the exact car that we owned. We can only presume that his car had been used previously to make the model.
I have tried contacting Corgi Vanguard but to no avail, but I am trying to understand the history with this car, and the reason why this particular car was deemed suitable to base this model on? I tried to find out why certain cars are used but Corgi Vanguard was unable to give me any answers.
I am not sure whether this forum will have the answers, but any ideas on where I can ask to find out this information would be greatly appreciated. It would be amazing to find out the answer, as I think this is so interesting.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: Corgi Vanguard Model VA12003B - Exact model of my fathers car
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2022, 16:12 »
Good luck, sounds fascinating
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 26 September 2022, 10:45 »
I think only Corgi can answer your question. It looks like they always use genuine registrations on their models. Whether that means your father's car was ever borrowed by them to create it, I don't know if that is how they operate. No joy from marketing@corgi.co.uk?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 26 September 2022, 14:12 »
Nice find!
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity