Author Topic: OBD11/VCDS Tweakery  (Read 8846 times)

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
Re: OBD11/VCDS Tweakery
« Reply #30 on: 14 September 2021, 01:27 »
Hope there will be a a way to switch the front light bar off and for Scandinavian rear drls
Cant for the life of me remember the video but this lad was able to turn off the front light bar after messing with the light controls alone.

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 21 September 2021, 16:56 »
It's just the original one. You only need the newer one if you are using an iPhone.

And yes, it's capable of changing stuff, very much so. Some things on the mk8 are protected though and not changeable by mere mortals...and never will be.

Hi mate, got my OBD11 so tried adjusting the setting just now and it appears I cannot do it, might be due to being in the wrong side of the Android/Apple fence, but it's called something different 'Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn.' and days I need to be Pro or ultimate to adjust. Are you Pro or ultimate or just standard?

I might need to try find someone with an Android phone I can try their phone/app with.

« Last Edit: 21 September 2021, 19:04 by Megy_CS »

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #32 on: 21 September 2021, 20:25 »
In the past you only needed to pay for the licence... Its changed I guess. I know they tweaked the licence levels recently.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 21 September 2021, 20:27 »
My licence is labelled "Pro"
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #34 on: 21 September 2021, 23:11 »

Cheers, makes sense now. A pro licence is only £25 so won't really break the bank.

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 23 September 2021, 04:39 »
Fred, is there any chance that switching the Lane Assist to default off can affect warranty or be a problem for someone on a lease deal, for example?  I would like to do it off but don't want to run into any issues in the event of a warranty claim.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 23 September 2021, 08:08 »
It's reversible whenever you want so it's not exactly a problem. They wouldn't notice any way.

I sent one of my lease cars back with a hole in the aircon condenser and they didn't notice that!

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #37 on: 26 September 2021, 18:17 »

So this is annoying, I upgraded to Pro and on Apple I still don't see an option to change the setting, so I tried my father's Android and when I go into the lane assist seeing it's asking for a 5 digit number. A Google search hadn't brought any answers, did you need to enter a passcode at all or not?

I'm not having much luck so might try sending the thing back as clearly doesn't do what is meant to do.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 29 September 2021, 09:21 »
More features work on Android than they do on Apple. Likely nothing wrong with the OBD11 you have.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Megy_CS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 30 September 2021, 13:00 »
More features work on Android than they do on Apple. Likely nothing wrong with the OBD11 you have.

That's handy to know.

So if I can use an Android phone again, when I'm trying to change the setting and it asks for a 5 digit number, any ideas what I enter here? Is there a default number to use or something?