Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2829490 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6880 on: 30 June 2017, 20:40 »
I dropped Mrs LRW's CS oil after 1k.
Our engine guru told us to do it so we did!

I done my GTD just before 2k miles and 3 weeks.

I usually just buy a new car instead to save on servicing costs  :lipsrsealed:

Collected my car today after dropping the car of to get the seat fixed and to sort out the scratch they put on the car the last time, now it is comfortable to sit in.

When I dropped the car off I made sure they looked over the car properly so they videoed the hole car. Went around the car today and noticed that they damaged one of my wheels, put a big scrap on my bumper and a small scratch on one of the doors. You couldn't make it up.

I pointed out the damage and the guy went off and came back with an iPad to show me the video which showed clearly the damage on the car.

I couldn't understand I didn't see the marks before hand as I washed it the day before dropping it off, then I had another look at the video and the ground all around the car was dry. When I dropped the car off it was wet.

I think at this point I'm done with WV, dropped by my solicitor on the way back and I'm going to let him take care of it from now on.

On a plus side they done a great job on the repair of the other mark they put on the car.

That is truly shocking. It's one thing to damage someone's property but to try and cover it up in such a manner is unforgiveable. Name and shame?

I won't name and shame until they get back to my solicitor but in case you didn't read about the 'mark' they were repairing but they tried to cover that up by wetting the car even though I had a do not wash signs hanging on the mirror.

You just couldn't make that up.
You've been amazingly patient up until now and that's your reward.  :angry:

The patience of a saint and some. Admirable. I tend to shout and scream (privately) and tweak kitten's tails...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6881 on: 01 July 2017, 01:06 »
I still don't understand why you didn't just park the car at their door 2 months ago especially when the offer was there to swap, free of charge, to a new 7.5. No brainier. Get rid.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6882 on: 01 July 2017, 13:02 »
I still don't understand why you didn't just park the car at their door 2 months ago especially when the offer was there to swap, free of charge, to a new 7.5. No brainier. Get rid.

Because I like the car but I don't see any option left now, as my wife said it seems like a bad luck car.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6883 on: 01 July 2017, 13:08 »
I dropped Mrs LRW's CS oil after 1k.
Our engine guru told us to do it so we did!

I done my GTD just before 2k miles and 3 weeks.

I usually just buy a new car instead to save on servicing costs  :lipsrsealed:

Collected my car today after dropping the car of to get the seat fixed and to sort out the scratch they put on the car the last time, now it is comfortable to sit in.

When I dropped the car off I made sure they looked over the car properly so they videoed the hole car. Went around the car today and noticed that they damaged one of my wheels, put a big scrap on my bumper and a small scratch on one of the doors. You couldn't make it up.

I pointed out the damage and the guy went off and came back with an iPad to show me the video which showed clearly the damage on the car.

I couldn't understand I didn't see the marks before hand as I washed it the day before dropping it off, then I had another look at the video and the ground all around the car was dry. When I dropped the car off it was wet.

I think at this point I'm done with WV, dropped by my solicitor on the way back and I'm going to let him take care of it from now on.

On a plus side they done a great job on the repair of the other mark they put on the car.

That is truly shocking. It's one thing to damage someone's property but to try and cover it up in such a manner is unforgiveable. Name and shame?

I won't name and shame until they get back to my solicitor but in case you didn't read about the 'mark' they were repairing but they tried to cover that up by wetting the car even though I had a do not wash signs hanging on the mirror.

You just couldn't make that up.
You've been amazingly patient up until now and that's your reward.  :angry:

We had to have our 15 year old cat put down last Monday after a few weeks of illness so the car is the least of my problems now.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6884 on: 01 July 2017, 13:24 »
Had a run out in the car Thursday night to my sister-in-laws. Really impressed with how it absolutely flies along when you give it a bit of throttle.
Unfortunately, I was following my brother-in-laws car and it made mine look a bit sh!t :cry:
You can see my sorry looking Golf in the pictures :grin:

Edited due to illegal number plate screws :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 01 July 2017, 14:32 by kalimon »
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6885 on: 01 July 2017, 13:35 »
Had a run out in the car Thursday night to my sister-in-laws. Really impressed with how it absolutely flies along when you give it a bit of throttle.
Unfortunately, I was following my brother-in-laws car and it made mine look a bit sh!t :cry:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UZBmMC]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VFMk5q]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WgWrGB]

That looks nice apart from the stupid number plate screw thing. Rather cringing looking.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #6886 on: 01 July 2017, 13:59 »

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UZBmMC]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VFMk5q]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WgWrGB]

That looks nice apart from the stupid number plate screw thing. Rather cringing looking.

Not to mention illegal.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6887 on: 01 July 2017, 14:31 »
I'm sure he gives a sh!t :rolleyes:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6888 on: 01 July 2017, 14:35 »
I'm sure he gives a sh!t :rolleyes:

Most people like that don't, that's what makes them look worse.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6889 on: 01 July 2017, 14:37 »
I wasn't aware you knew him, I'll tell him you said hi.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP