Author Topic: OPTIMAX????????  (Read 3222 times)

Offline 20V TURBO

• Not said much yet
OPTIMAX????????
« on: 03 October 2003, 18:47 »
 ???I HAVE A 2000 GOLF GTI TURBO. JUST WOUNDERING IF I CAN YOU OPTIMAX UNLEADED. ON THE FUEL CAP IT SAYS ONLY TO USE 95 RON.

WILL OPTIMAX MESS MY CAR UP.

8)

golfvr6

Re:OPTIMAX????????
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2003, 13:24 »
I think the cap means don't use less than 95 RON. So optimax (98 RON) will be fine. The car should run better on optimax.

kniterider

« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2003, 11:55 »
optimax is great, its like letting your car have a vodka rather than a pint of lager!, ive got a 1.8 20v non turb and it runs so much smoother and nippier on it! gonna try it in me mk 8v and see if same in that,

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2003, 12:14 »
There was a huge thread on this stuff a while back, and the general opinion is, its Rocket Fuel for cars!!!! I have been putting nothing but it in my car for the past 3 months now, and I do about 250 miles a week, The car goes like a missile compared to using regular and I still manage 37+ mpg. I wouldn't use anything else now
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2003, 13:42 »
Gotta agree, Optimax is the nuts.

Always used to run my company cars on Superplus (pre Optimax) because a) I wasn't paying the bills, b) it made more car more economical (believe it or not) and c) the engine always felt more responsive and powerful.

When I bought my own car (V6 SRi Vectra) I ran it almost exclusively on Optimax, which had just been launched at that time. On the half a dozen or so occassions I got caught out and had to fill up somewhere other than a Shell, the car never feel as electric as it did when running on Optmax.

There is a definite performance boost, the car feels much more responsive, and I have always found a 2-3 mpg increase in economy over a tankful.

My old man has to use it in his Supercharged Holden, as anything else causes it to detonate like fcuk. If you're planning on running major boost, this may also be a factor to consider.

Now I drive an oil burner this is no longer an issue for me, but should I stray back to a petrol powered motor, I will definitely use Optimax, exclusively if possible.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline sie18t

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2003, 20:29 »
Go for it !!

Switched to it 2 months ago, smoother more re-fined power.And goes better with it.
Still average 35-37 mpg aswell

kniterider

« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2003, 20:57 »
apparently BP has launched a new fuel this week, its called BP Ultimate or Ultima or something and its spose to be 100ron/octane which makes unleaded look like shandy, optimax look like lager and BP full on vodka+redbull for ya motor, when i find the thread ill post it on here found it on uk mk4 website, it was lauched to 200 stations on monday should be at 400 by friday and nationwide by january apparently! better find me nearest BP garage! lol

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2003, 16:32 »
Just checked their site.

The best news of all? You petrol boys no longer have the monopoly on the posh, premium-fuel!!! They are doing a performance diesel too!

Good news all round! Gonna fill up tonigh and give it a whirl, see if it has the same effect on a diesel engine as it does on petrol.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline 20V TURBO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 10 October 2003, 21:00 »
 ;D
JUS FILLED UP ON OPTIMAX
I'LL LET ALL YOU PEEPS KNOW HOW I GET ON WITH IT!
 ;D

Offline 20V TURBO

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 12 October 2003, 22:03 »
                           ;D
HELLO EVERYONE, OPTIMAX IS THE DOGS BOLLOCKS!!!
MY GTI TURBOS EVEN MORE RAPID. IT F****** FLYS!
« Last Edit: 12 October 2003, 22:03 by 20V TURBO »