Author Topic: GOLF 7 RAINLIGHT SENSOR PROBLEM.PLEASE HELP  (Read 483 times)

Offline Ricsi168

• Just got here
GOLF 7 RAINLIGHT SENSOR PROBLEM.PLEASE HELP
« on: 07 May 2024, 19:25 »
Hello guys!

I have got a 2014 golf 7, it has original rain light sensor with auto wipers from factory.
I noticed the wipers wont work automatically so i started to find out why, first of all i checked the fault codes and i found one fault witch is 934149-rain/light sensor wrong mounting position.after that i checked the sensor itself and it was bubbled up and cracked, i thought found the problem it was a sensor with 5q0955547 part number, i bought one feom a local guy its a used sensor but as he said its fine.
Assembled the new sensor with new gel pad managed to intall withouth bubbles or any damage it looks good.
Then i checked the fault codes and cleared the old code after that when i put the wipers in auto mode its just wipes like a normal non auto wiper...looked the codes again and the same fault code was in...but the light sensor works as it should if i block the light the headlight came on, when i put my hand away from the sensor headlights are off.

So my question is what does this fault code mean, how can i solve this.or is there any steps that i missing i mean maybe i have to reset the sensor or calibrate something like that.
I have pictures about the old and new sensor but i dont know how can i upload.

Thanks!

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: GOLF 7 RAINLIGHT SENSOR PROBLEM.PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2024, 21:28 »
Not had this issue so just trying to think what I would try first. Check fuses to wiper, disconnect battery for a while to see if that resets controller, then start the hunt for electrical connections and wiper switches. Had a problem with my mk6 speed limiter that was internal switch contacts.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Scottie-gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2024, 08:17 »
Had this same kind of issue on my Mercedes concrete mixer , it had a new windscreen put in after a large stone hit me, the truck was throwing up a fault code related to the sensor, so cleared the code and the windscreen guy came back out with a new gel pad ,  the wipers wouldn’t sweep even when it was raining but the sensor was working as the lights would go on when it was dark and stuff, so I just settled for the fact I’d have to manually put the wipers on , and then I left the wipers in the auto position when I went on brake and low and behold they started to sweep when it detected water again, so I’m thinking it may have to calibrate it’s self somehow if left in the auto position for awhile???
« Last Edit: 11 May 2024, 08:19 by Scottie-gti »

Offline Ricsi168

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2024, 20:12 »
Thanks for the tips, i checked the live data and the sensor with vcds , bosch kts, autocom they dont have any calibration for the sensor in live data you can see rain quantity or something like that if i put water on the sensor it changes but does nothing...maybe the next week i have a friend who has original odis and vcp online and he will check if he can not say anything im gonna give up.. maybe i will try an other sensor.. but i dont think its the sensor because 2 sensors are triggering the same fault  or iam jist unlucky  :smiley:

Offline Scottie-gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2024, 20:28 »
Sounds daft but have you left the battery disconnected for a good 30 minutes or more ? While it’s disconnected disconnect the sensor and give it a spray with some contact cleaner, failing that just give it some time before going back to the drawing board?