Poll

Is yours the lowest mileage mk2 out there?

up to 30k
up to 40k
up to 50k
up to 60k
60k and over

Author Topic: Is yours the lowest mileage mk2 out there?  (Read 3156 times)

Offline volkston

• Not said much yet
Re: Is yours the lowest mileage mk2 out there?
« Reply #20 on: 06 February 2008, 23:45 »
your right conker,

i think it would be best to start another thread with the highest mileage, what do you think it will end up at 300k give it a whirl and we will see what happens. looks like someone outdid me too with a sub 40k mk2, awesome! there is nothing like a tight low mileage golf down a back road forget your modern cars, dull dull dull :grin:

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #21 on: 06 February 2008, 23:47 »
forget your modern cars, dull dull dull :grin:

amen!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline volkston

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 06 February 2008, 23:48 »
not just me then!!

Offline Conker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 07 February 2008, 00:17 »
not just me then!!

Seriously, I drive around looking at boring f##king meganes, MPV's, and vectra's and just think "Why?"   I was worse when I first got the Mk2 - At the time a mate bought a £25,000 silver diesel beemer and I sort of fell out with him in my head for being such a dullard.
 :smiley:

Sure, stuff breaks on them more often, but it means a trip to GSF (or at the very worst a scrappy), as opposed to driving to the local dealer, connecting it to a laptop, shortly followed by a bum r@ping session when you get your wallet out.

Rant over.

Offline kittie

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 07 February 2008, 08:48 »
Mine's got about 150-odd K

I'm glad it's not low mileage - I'd not want to drive it if it was!

And clean, original examples should always be kept as such, if you want to modify it go out and get a sub-standard one  :wink:

Offline russ-vdub

• I live here
  • Once a Dub, Always a Dub
« Reply #25 on: 07 February 2008, 08:57 »
not just me then!!

Seriously, I drive around looking at boring f##king meganes, MPV's, and vectra's and just think "Why?"   I was worse when I first got the Mk2 - At the time a mate bought a £25,000 silver diesel beemer and I sort of fell out with him in my head for being such a dullard.
 :smiley:

Sure, stuff breaks on them more often, but it means a trip to GSF (or at the very worst a scrappy), as opposed to driving to the local dealer, connecting it to a laptop, shortly followed by a bum r@ping session when you get your wallet out.

Rant over.

could not agree more..a "friend" recently spent £7000 on the new corsa!?! i didnt laugh in his face but i did have a major chuckle when i got off the phone! he wanted to race my 8v, i saved him the embarassement and said my car sluggish atm :rolleyes:

I payed £450 for my golf, and it all round its a much nicer to drive, and a hell of a lot faster.. what does that other £6500 get ya, JACK squat imo!

Offline volkston

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 07 February 2008, 10:36 »

And clean, original examples should always be kept as such, if you want to modify it go out and get a sub-standard one  :wink:
[/quote]

what does everyone else think on this, should i keep this one nice or sell it (but dont tweak it) and get a slightly less nice one and play with that??  or should the devil in me tweak the hell out of it and to hell with the purists??

confused dot com

Offline â„¢MiKeYâ„¢

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf Mrk II 16v 1.8 Gti, Superchipped
« Reply #27 on: 07 February 2008, 10:45 »
62k on mine :)
MikeY

Offline Benrevs

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 07 February 2008, 13:22 »
Have 185 on the shell, 7,000 on the bottom end, 185 on the top, 120 on the gearbox, 10 on the driveshafts, and the new bolt i put on the alternator bracket this morning has done around 6.  :laugh:

Offline MooZ

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 07 February 2008, 13:46 »
57k on my 1988 F Reg. All genuine too, got the service history.
Lifes a beach!
so you may aswell die in a nice Bikini!