Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 147492 times)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Extending strut tops is very possible. Many track day enthusiasts do it.

Its usually done with custom top mounts as it gives some more adjustability.

You do seem to get the Health & safety scene police on here.  :grin:

See here on a mk2. Might give you an idea.

Another one here

Cheers m8 Definatly agree with your post and it did make me :laugh: so, so true!!!
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Postman brought me my parcel I had been waiting for today from Germany

U.S rear bumper :D

There a lot nicer than the uk version as they follow the curved bumper line so much better.

After receiving it tho I have realised that my plan to smooth a uk front bumper n add a U.S splitter isn't going to work. The U.S bumpers stick out alot further and I don't want it to look ass heavy so aswell as a boot lid I'm going to need the front bumper as well, so more scanning of German eBay!

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
I here what your all saying but please, scene points!!!!

This isnt about being 'scene' this is about getting my car to sit how I have always visioned it too!!!

Well be honest that is what this whole daft idea is about, I mean you cannot drive with it sat on the floor so what is the real point behind it.

Give me a car that handles and can be really used and enjoyed every day.

This whole stretched tyres and air ride scene is madness to me.

But good luck with it :smiley:

Erm looks good on the show ground, raised for normal driving and able to clear speedbumps without trashing the underneath of my car. If anything this is a whole lot more useable than a car that handles.
(which this will aswell) unless your going to track a car when do you really use it to warrant top spec coilovers. All there sold for is to get low. I'm doing that n making it liveable everyday!! I've just made it sit even better!!

If this isn't your kind of build perhaps look at the other threads!!

At the end of the day its my car built for myself. Like it or love it I couldn't really care. :cool:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
ignore wayne  :laugh:

we do  :wink:

he changes his car and wheels more than he posts on here   :grin:

as you said, your ride, your style, your vision

BUT its an open forum, so positive and negative feedback will be forthcoming  :tongue:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
That's a fair point chuff. We build cars to be different, If all cars where built the same it would be sooooo boring. I'm being different guess Wayne just likes the boring way.

Also I guess someone who has posted nearly 30000 times has a opinion on everything. Of course some will agree some won't and I guess thats how it should be.

Anyway I won't loose any sleep and there will be plenty more to come! Pointless or not  :laugh:

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Damn you with your US spec bumpers! I would love a set soo much! I love the updates on this build :)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
:afro:

PS still think your G2 should have a LOT more loving instead of a G3  :kiss:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Damn you with your US spec bumpers! I would love a set soo much! I love the updates on this build :)

:laugh: sorry dan.

Id heard they where bigger than the euro items but didnt know how much bigger they where. Defo guna need the U.S front now. My cheap little short cut option is now a no no! Also if I do get a genuine U.S front I don't think I will completely smooth it like I was going to with the euro items. Would seem a shame to butcher a bumper that's not seen that often in the uk

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
:afro:

PS still think your G2 should have a LOT more loving instead of a G3  :kiss:

To be fair the mk2 has had 2yrs worth of love and money put into her and although there are a few more things that I could do to it I'm happy how she is. I have just put some new tyres on the front with a bit more stretch so I can lower her a few more mm but to be honest now that I've had the photos done for a magazine when the mk3 comes back I will put her up for sale. Will be a sad day!

Here's a couple of pics

Offline DanChave

• I live here

:laugh: sorry dan.

Id heard they where bigger than the euro items but didnt know how much bigger they where. Defo guna need the U.S front now. My cheap little short cut option is now a no no! Also if I do get a genuine U.S front I don't think I will completely smooth it like I was going to with the euro items. Would seem a shame to butcher a bumper that's not seen that often in the uk

I completely agree bud! The US spec bumpers are already partly smoothed compared to the euro versions anyway, and the people that matter will know the difference and the rarity :)