Author Topic: Quick question to the lucky new owners of a MK7 GTI  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
Re: Quick question to the lucky new owners of a MK7 GTI
« Reply #10 on: 31 July 2013, 11:50 »
I don't experience anything like that on my Mk5, but like I said, I do sometimes use 2nd gear to set off slowly.  An intermittent quirk sounds like a fault to me...wouldn't be happy with it starting smooth one day and jerky the next.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 31 July 2013, 12:08 »
No problem like that with my MK7 and I don't recall having it in my MK5 or 6 either!
I mentioned this before but the stop/start and auto hold on the MK7 is extremely smooth.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2013, 12:12 »
No problem like that with my MK7 and I don't recall having it in my MK5 or 6 either!
I mentioned this before but the stop/start and auto hold on the MK7 is extremely smooth.

Completely agree Joe. It's so easy to quickly get used to it. The fact you can just stop on a hill and take your foot of the brake is brilliant. I've had no issues with it so far

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 31 July 2013, 12:22 »
Are you sure? They don't have autohold in terms of an electric handbrake, but they should have hill hold:

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?106508-Found-a-great-function-Hill-Hold

Edit: it seems only the later models had it...
« Last Edit: 31 July 2013, 12:35 by DougL »
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)