Author Topic: Your car has been built and has now left the factory  (Read 24256 times)

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
Re: Your car has been built and has now left the factory
« Reply #100 on: 04 April 2018, 17:10 »
Well got my car last Thursday, and to say I love it would be an understatement.  I just think its a fantastic all round car, and I'm particularly fond of the the Deep Pearl Black.

Glad you liike the car. It looks really nice, I'm hoping my white one looks as good. That experience does sound pretty rubbish so I'll be interested to see whether Caffyns in Brighton will do better than you got :(

Mine's now "in the UK" - how long did it take to get to your dealer from then? Hoping to have it in a week or so as long as my current lease provider will play ball.

Thanks  :smiley: despite the whole collection experience I love the car.  I think the problem was the dealer just booked far too many collections in for one day.  They are basically trying that age old trick of getting as many signatures on dotted lines before financial year end.

With regards to the time it took to get to the dealer it was pretty much the full 10 days, but I seem to have been on the far end of the spectrum.  For most other folk its seems to sit between 3-7 days.  Comically enough the order tracking app still thinks its at the port in Grimsby.

Hopefully the weather will have cheered up by the time you collect.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 10 April 2018, 11:56 »
Well had a bit of a surprise today. My new GTI (which according to the app and the VW website) is still supposed to be built next week (W/C 16/4/18), I've just had a email from the dealer to say not only is it built, but at the docks at status 38 - "Port of Exit - released".

Thinks it will most likely be with him by the end of the month. Considering I only ordered it on the 3rd March, that's only 6 weeks form order to build and delivery to the port of exit. Pretty impressive considering my first MK7 GTD back in 2013 took 23 weeks !
« Last Edit: 10 April 2018, 13:25 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #102 on: 10 April 2018, 12:10 »
Well had a bit of a surprise today. My new GTI which according to the app and the VW website) is still supposed to be built next week (W/C 16/5/18), I've just had a email from the dealer to say not only is it built, but at the docks at status 38 - "Port of Exit - released".

Thinks it will most likely be with him by the end of the month. Considering I only ordered it on the 3rd March, that's only 6 weeks form order to build and delivery to the port of exit. Pretty impressive considering my first MK7 GTD back in 2013 took 23 weeks !

Great news! I only had to wait 8 weeks for my GTI but it seemed to take forever, a bit like the summer holidays used to :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline ashm1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #103 on: 10 April 2018, 12:22 »
That's not bad.

I ordered mine 12/2 and was told it'd likely be June sometime.

The dealer has taken delivery of the car today and I'm collecting Monday 16th. Excited!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #104 on: 10 April 2018, 13:28 »
TBH, I'm not really bothered when it turns up, as it's not like the current GTD is a bad place to be, and weirdly not as excited this time as I was for the other 2 MK7's (familiarization maybe) ?

Ideally I'd like to collect it near the start of the month so I don't lose another months car tax (like I did when I foolishly let them tax my first GTD back in 2013 on the 29th September)  :(
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline ashm1000

• Not said much yet
« Reply #105 on: 10 April 2018, 13:58 »
Ahh, hadn't thought about that. At least it'll only be 2 weeks tax lost for me.

I'm pretty stoked to be honest. When I was about 8 my Dad got a mk2 GTi 16v in white. He didn't keep it long, but I loved it and have always wanted my own. Now I'm 33 I feel as though I deserve it, even though it still feels a bit naughty. I know the novelty will wear off sometime...

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #106 on: 10 April 2018, 14:29 »
The dealership taxed my car on the 26th of March and it doesn’t expire until the 1st of April 2018.  I thought it would need renewing on the 1st of March 2018.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #107 on: 10 April 2018, 20:39 »
The dealership taxed my car on the 26th of March and it doesn’t expire until the 1st of April 2018.  I thought it would need renewing on the 1st of March 2018.

I think I'm right in saying that you can tax a new car for a year and up to one week.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #108 on: 12 April 2018, 10:44 »
It used to be a year and up to three weeks - not sure if thats changed since 2002...

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #109 on: 19 April 2018, 07:40 »
Getting nearer......new GTI is now at Grimsby  :)

Better start getting used to the much poorer fuel consumption. Now the warmer weather is here, my GTD has started once more getting some great MPG figures, and last night in my usual 16 miles commute home (busy motorway at approx 65 mph plus 5 miles of 50 mph "A" roads, then a tiny bit of town traffic), it got me 62.4 mpg (with an ambient temperature of 23°C). Can't see the GTI getting anywhere near that, but to be honest, I'd be happy if under the same conditions, the GTI got 40 ish (and delighted at 45 plus), Not sure if that is realistic in a GTI ?
« Last Edit: 19 April 2018, 07:45 by Sootchucker »