Author Topic: Insurance group for MK VI GTI DSG  (Read 6880 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: Insurance group for MK VI GTI DSG
« Reply #10 on: 05 May 2009, 15:52 »
Cheers for that, i have just filled out an online form so hopefully they will get me a quote soon! Fingers crossed!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 05 May 2009, 16:47 »
I want to order my car  :cry: I cant just now, bloody holiday to pay for first.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 06 May 2009, 12:01 »
Give Greenlight a try, they where very competitive with my MK5.

Also Im 99% sure that the MK5 GTI was 17 . . .

:edit:

I was right :) - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/FEATURES/VOLKSWAGEN/GOLF/34687.html

Gave them a whirl, they could not quote for me but they advised another company who could (elife) and they were 1700!!  :shocked:  :shocked:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 06 May 2009, 13:28 »
Neil, I'd get your mum/dad as a named driver and protected no claims, that should help, when I quoted for protected and non-protected it was only £2 of a difference.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #14 on: 06 May 2009, 17:36 »
Greenlight wouldnt quote you ! ?

Iv only just turned 22 but was 21 when I got my MK5 and there where MILES cheaper than anyone else. Back to the old argument that different companies work for different people.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 20 May 2009, 22:39 »
Its just been added onto the VW website as 17 which is the same as the outgoing GTI. Atleast that means i can get insurance for it now! Yeay!!!

Offline Vman

• Not said much yet
  • Golf R (Rising Blue)
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2009, 18:49 »
I thought that there was now 1-50 insurance groups now in the UK not the 20 that use to be.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2009, 19:07 »
I love your car vman  :smiley:

Offline dubcruiser

• I live here
  • Audi A3 SB S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2009, 20:12 »
Give Greenlight a try, they where very competitive with my MK5.

Also Im 99% sure that the MK5 GTI was 17 . . .

:edit:

I was right :) - http://www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/CARS/FEATURES/VOLKSWAGEN/GOLF/34687.html

GTi is group 17 as you say, and the ED30 / Pirelli is group 18   :nerd:
Scott

Golf GTi 180bhp 6 Speed 2003, Tornado Red, Electric Sunroof, Climatronic, Winter Pack, Black Leather, Santa Monica Alloys, Centre Arm Rest, 6 Disc Changer, R-Tech Remap (Now Sold)
Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 2.0T Quattro 2007, Lava Grey, Exclusive Line Black/Silver Leather, Heated Seats, Bose, RNS-e, Auto Lights, Auto Wipers, iPod Prep, Interior Light Pack

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #19 on: 25 May 2009, 09:00 »
For what it's worth, I have been quoted £520 for my GTI, up just £90 on my previous car, a 140hp TDI Eos.