Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287176 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3440 on: 03 June 2012, 12:05 »
They could but they won't. If it was a Mclaren car thought it would be a different story.... :lipsrsealed: :angry:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3441 on: 03 June 2012, 12:15 »
They could but they won't. If it was a Mclaren car thought it would be a different story.... :lipsrsealed: :angry:

exactly.

and if it was Ferrari it wouldn't be illegal  :lipsrsealed:

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3442 on: 03 June 2012, 13:45 »
I love F1 but things like this really pi$$ me off.

If the car was illegal then how the hell can it keep the victory? Nothing against Webber as I really like him, but if it was Hamilton, no doubt the race win would of been taken of him.

Not only that, they had these holes in the last 4 races, so why are they allowed to keep all the points?

Although , the FIA and Charlie Whiting are beyond useless and take all the blame. Adrian Newey said he got a letter from Charlie Whiting after the Bahrain race saying the holes were legal and nothing has to change. Now though after this race, Charlie Whiting says these same holes are illegal and have to change?!

The FIA are as bad a Fifa

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3443 on: 03 June 2012, 13:50 »
i think mclaren should make some changes... and whilst the fia 'investigate', they can reap the benifits.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #3444 on: 03 June 2012, 13:56 »
Car was exactley the same as they had in Malaysia and Bahrain 

how come its illegal all of a sudden???

:huh: :huh:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3445 on: 03 June 2012, 14:23 »

I feel you are right. Just look at Hamis back of the field demotion after quali. Joke.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3446 on: 03 June 2012, 14:29 »
Car was exactley the same as they had in Malaysia and Bahrain 

how come its illegal all of a sudden???

:huh: :huh:

And in Barcelona as well.

Is why I said the FIA are a joke. They told Red Bull after Bahrain it was legal, but now it is illegal.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3447 on: 03 June 2012, 20:20 »
If they are illegal can they or should they not disqualify him and Vettel from the race results?  :undecided:

Nope as nobody protested at the time, that would or could have changed the race result.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3448 on: 03 June 2012, 20:34 »
To be fair, who gives a sh1te . . .

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #3449 on: 03 June 2012, 23:52 »
If they are illegal can they or should they not disqualify him and Vettel from the race results?  :undecided:

Nope as nobody protested at the time, that would or could have changed the race result.

Thought several of the teams protested before Monaco but the FIA wanted to deal with it after the race..
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...