Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287164 times)

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2110 on: 20 March 2011, 01:32 »
well , the weather here isn't looking too hot for the Gp next weekend. showers and low temps all week . the weather here is pretty unpredictable tho' so heres hoping.
I got sunburned on friday practice in the morning then soaked and frozen in the afternoon last year.

Shame it's not today, 27 and sunny.

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #2111 on: 20 March 2011, 12:56 »
Excellent - if it rains on Saturday we could have a mixed up grid and that would mean some great racing  :cool:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2112 on: 25 March 2011, 07:37 »
that was a pretty cold day in melbourne  :sad:

well done Jenson , fastest in practice  , lewis 2nd :cool:

maybe not a two team race after all.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2113 on: 25 March 2011, 08:07 »

Mclaren said they had some sneaky upgrades to the car before testing so hopefully this is proof they work!

Hope the Mclaren stays there this season!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2114 on: 25 March 2011, 08:11 »
the renault definatley sounds different to the others too , especially when they lift off the power . it almost chatters.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2115 on: 25 March 2011, 10:31 »
the renault definatley sounds different to the others too , especially when they lift off the power . it almost chatters.

It always has done, same as McLaren. They sound absolutely awesome don't they? BMW used to sound the best when it was around, they had a completely different tone to anyone else.

adamrob69

« Reply #2116 on: 25 March 2011, 12:49 »

Mclaren said they had some sneaky upgrades to the car before testing so hopefully this is proof they work!

Hope the Mclaren stays there this season!

Sneaky upgrade!! They have had to re-design the rear of the car! New exhaust system, new floor and a new front wing to feed them. They had to abondon the "octupus" exhaust (multiple exists that fed multiple parts of the floor) because it was too unreliable and couldnt get what they wanted out of it in the time they had.

Dont read too much into there pace though...maybe a bit misleading; but nether the less alot better then testing!

It always has done, same as McLaren. They sound absolutely awesome don't they? BMW used to sound the best when it was around, they had a completely different tone to anyone else.

That noise is because there feeding the diffuser both on power, and when they lift using a special throttle map setting.

Very disapointed with the performance of the renault, and the lotus. Virgin looking very off the pace too.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2117 on: 25 March 2011, 12:54 »

That noise is because there feeding the diffuser both on power, and when they lift using a special throttle map setting.

Very disapointed with the performance of the renault, and the lotus. Virgin looking very off the pace too.

I know, I expect them to sound a lot different this year. What I was saying is that renault has always had a special sound when they are off throttle and the second it goes back on. It's like a flat raspberry sound. McLaren have a massive flat raspberry sound followed by a massive backfire on the downshifts.

Just by the sound you can tell which cars are going past, ferrari have a sweet, distinct tone, virgin have a sort of metallic whistle noise off throttle, renault and McLaren for what I said above. The rest all sounds pretty much the same.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2118 on: 26 March 2011, 09:36 »
Interesting top 10 in Quali, where would Kubica have put his renault if Petrov put his 6th!!!

RedBull looks like it's going to be untouchable again this year but hopefully the others can catch it up quickly. Proper surprised at the McLaren turnaround.

Nick

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #2119 on: 26 March 2011, 10:25 »
Anyone else getting annoyed with how Coulthard says 'Vettel'?! :angry: