Author Topic: Returning member!  (Read 1064 times)

Offline mattwilko92

• Just got here
Returning member!
« on: 15 November 2023, 18:29 »
Hi All,

I am a returning member having owned my first Golf GTi (MK7) 66 plate between 2016-2020 and now I am gladly back in a 2017 (MK7.5).

1st GTI

Performance Pack
Manual
Carbon Grey
Full leather
Dynaudio

Loved this car, fitted a Miltek catback exhaust and covered about 44k miles. Wonder if it's on this forum? I had to sell it to help fund our new house and it timed well because my Wife and I both were getting company cars (boo!).

2nd GTI

So due to a change of job, I was able to move away from company cars and purchase a 2nd car to run alongside our Kia Sportage. As luck would have it, my father in law also need to part with his MK7.5 which he has owned since new... and well, who can say no to that opportunity? So I am now the proud owner of:-

Performance Pack
Issac Blue
Brescia alloys
DSG
Pan roof
DCC
Dynaudio
Sun-protection film
Tartan seats

The car is very clean, FSH, 53k miles and completely standard. The alloys need a refurb due to curbing and the classic "white worm" corrosion.

The only thing that was lucking tired was the leather steering wheel which despite cleaning was still a bit shiny. So today I took it down to the guys at Royal Steering Wheels for a TCR style refurb/upgrade  :grin:

No real plans with the car other than to keep it well maintained, tidy and enjoy it. I am tempting to upgrade the brakes with a view of taking the car on track.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2023, 18:44 by mattwilko92 »

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Returning member!
« Reply #1 on: 18 November 2023, 10:00 »
Welcome back!

That's a lovely spec, Isaac Blue is very uncommon but a lovely colour. Will there be another exhaust getting bought for this one?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline mattwilko92

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 18 November 2023, 12:58 »
Welcome back!

That's a lovely spec, Isaac Blue is very uncommon but a lovely colour. Will there be another exhaust getting bought for this one?
Thanks. I am resisting to be honest and going to try and keep it standard. Its a lovely car in stock form. The exhuast sounds louder than stock on my MK7. Do you know when the OFP/GPF filters came in?

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2023, 11:14 »
Welcome back!

Thanks. I am resisting to be honest and going to try and keep it standard. Its a lovely car in stock form. The exhuast sounds louder than stock on my MK7. Do you know when the OFP/GPF filters came in?

There's something to be said for a high spec standard car as it ages, stands out in its own right. OPF/ GPF came in around 2017/2018 iirc, wouldn't let it be a concern though.

I've a GPF and a Remus GPF back system and it sounds great, just takes a lot longer for it to coke up to get the true sound.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2023, 22:10 »
Welcome back Matt  :smiley:

That looks like a lovely example with which to make a return with!
Love the steering wheel especially

I’m guessing you couldn’t retrieve your old account, or just fancied a grand re-entrance?! 😁
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mattwilko92

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2023, 13:17 »
Welcome back Matt  :smiley:

That looks like a lovely example with which to make a return with!
Love the steering wheel especially

I’m guessing you couldn’t retrieve your old account, or just fancied a grand re-entrance?! 😁
Thank you! Definitely the former  :grin: