Author Topic: Auxiliary Heater  (Read 15474 times)

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
Auxiliary Heater
« on: 15 July 2011, 12:00 »
As it's the height of summer I'm going to ask a winter question...

Do Golf TDI's (Really interested in the GTD answer) come with an auxiliary heater like the Rocco's, with my car still being an order on the VW system and no VAG-COM I'm unable to check.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7295&start=0&hilit=any+tests

Plus I thought I'd inject some life into the TDIsection by posting here.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: Auxiliary Heater
« Reply #1 on: 15 July 2011, 22:28 »
Yes, mine has one - they warm up very quickly  :wink:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2011, 18:01 »
Dont think mine has? Has all the wires in the fuse box under the engine bay, athlough all look red, rather than a red/yellow one.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2011, 18:12 »
hmmm, I don't think my sample size is big enough to draw a conclusion as to whether mine will....

Doc, have you done anything different? Added / enabled in VAG COM etc??!?
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Online Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2011, 18:38 »
I thought the mk5 and mk6 had auxiliary heaters. I know that most the mk4 based cars did not and its why our Leon use to take 30+ mins of driving to warm up
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2011, 20:30 »
Mine takes around one min to produce warm air in the winter when I know there is no way it would be coming from the engine that fast.

That is all I know today but I'll take a look tomorrow as my cars strapped to the dyno at the mo  :wink:

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 July 2011, 10:07 »
strapped to the dyno at the mo  :wink:

ooooh Matron!!  :laugh:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2011, 10:19 »
strapped to the dyno at the mo  :wink:

ooooh Matron!!  :laugh:

LMAO  :grin:

Thanks for reminding me - I'll go take a look now  :wink:

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 July 2011, 11:26 »
Well this is a strange thing Auxiliary Heater as they are supposed to be fitted to TDI's. I've had arguments on forums over this as I say I can startup on a winter morning and drive up the road then the windscreen starts to mist up slightly. I put the blower on the screen and you can feel warm air coming out now this isn't coolant warm air. Now there is nothing in the handbook that refers to this heater.

When I've had VCDS plugged in and you can do running checks on all components when I try Auxiliary Heater it doesn't come on not found/not fitted. Now this heater should be listed in the Options sticker on the first page of the service schedule. Now there are a few code number for this heater 7E6, 7E7 those number aren't on mine. If you want to read what Option Codes you have on yours you can download the VAG Option Codes or you can go online and write all you codes down in a file so you can copy and paste them into this site VW/Audi/Seat/Å koda Option Codes Decoder I'm sure I've posted this site on here before?

I've also read in ETKA that VW do a different Auxiliary Heater one that burns fuel in its own combustion chamber than tranfers that heat into the cabin.

Auxiliary Heater ???
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 20 July 2011, 22:48 »
I've found the measuring blocks in VCDS for checking the operation of the electric heater but I've left the piece of paper I wrote them down on in work - I'll post them tomorrow  :wink: