Author Topic: Noise coming from Dash  (Read 1273 times)

Offline JTellin97

• Just got here
Noise coming from Dash
« on: 14 March 2024, 20:38 »
Hi all, hope you're all well and thanks for letting me join this forum!

I'm josh and i purchased a Golf GTI mk7.5 in January, lets just say i've not had the easiest 2 months of ownership...

I've now come across a problem where a noise is present and sounds like its coming from the dash.. It only happens when i accelerate, and when i coast it doesn't happen. I also tried to see if it was something loose within the vents for the A/C but ive tried this with the A/C off and vents closed, but the noise is still there.. :(

The other funny thing is that it only happens when driving and not stationary. Just a very odd noise.

I would appreciate any help with this as this will help my info to the garage when i take it in.

Kind regards,

Josh  :smiley:

Offline Toad

• Not said much yet
Re: Noise coming from Dash
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2024, 21:48 »
Might be the soundacter. Are you in sport mode? Try putting it in eco or individual and change the engine sound to eco or off. If the noise stops its probably the speaker in the dash vibrating. Mine does this.

Offline Scottie-gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 14 March 2024, 22:05 »
I have a noise like something is loose, a strange rattling squeak sound? It doesn’t do it all the time only on certain road surfaces, mine tends to go when I unlock the steering wheel while driving and then returns when it’s locked again, see if yours does the same?

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2024, 07:06 »

I'm josh and i purchased a Golf GTI mk7.5 in January, lets just say i've not had the easiest 2 months of ownership...

I've now come across a problem where a noise is present and sounds like its coming from the dash.. It only happens when i accelerate, and when i coast it doesn't happen. I also tried to see if it was something loose within the vents for the A/C but ive tried this with the A/C off and vents closed, but the noise is still there.. :(

The other funny thing is that it only happens when driving and not stationary. Just a very odd noise.

I would appreciate any help with this as this will help my info to the garage when i take it in.

Kind regards,

I think my car use to make the noise your on about, does it sound like somethings rotating and clicking? The local VW dealership had a listen and said it was probably the sound actuator which can sometimes cause this type of noise. It was booked in with them to sort out but a week before it was due to go in it stopped doing it ?? 
Indium grey D.S.G. Mk7.5GTI pp

Offline hellomk7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2024, 16:17 »

Kind regards,

It's the soundaktor as others have mentioned. I was in the same boat as you (first GTI, and worried). You can get it disabled.