Author Topic: V.W CUP  (Read 4549 times)

mrwotto

Re: V.W CUP
« Reply #10 on: 28 February 2005, 13:28 »
May have a run down to oulten park as it aint that far from here, any  one else up for it?

Offline Chris Green

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 28 February 2005, 13:50 »

was reading how vw have changed the rules so that your car has to be younger than 10 years old. must have been getting annoyed at all these old vw's on track!

i read the same in Golf+ magazine that VW have got the hump because all the new stuff they are trying to sell keeps on getting whooped by 12 year old + scirocco's etc (whoops) :grin:

I read about that too, however, looking here... http://www.vw-cup.co.uk/overview.pdf

It looks as though this years regs will be the same as last years. Hopefully!

It does say that "Essentially, any Volkswagen racing car can be eligible for the Cup, but must
have a Volkswagen Racing Logbook issued before it can race." This is what is mentioned in the Golf+ Magazine. I guess VW will only issue a VW Racing Logbook to the cars they choose.

Offline Chris Green

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 04 April 2005, 14:52 »
I noticed that the first round was last weekend.

Does anyone know if it will be on Sky?

Offline G6dub

• I live here
  • Breaking lots of Golf's :-)
« Reply #13 on: 04 April 2005, 16:15 »
I was talking to someone down at vw racing a few weeks ago and he was in a right rush all hands on deck in a big panic didn't have teh cars ready lol they must have made it and finished in time then!

Offline alan293

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 19 August 2005, 13:09 »
Nothing VW can or will build can compare to the catalogue of classics they made. It all went pear shaped from MK3 golf onwards.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #15 on: 22 September 2005, 17:30 »
yep, but the power restriction is a power to weight one, so the advantage the older ones have goes out the window :cry: