Author Topic: bell.co.uk  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Re: bell.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2008, 23:46 »
I'm not with Bell but with Admiral, sister company, and here's what I got (they don't pay for your mods, only back to manufacturers spec, but so long as you tell them it's not that much more.)

Age 19
Mum and Dad as named drivers
No NCB
Declared alloys and lowering
10 month bonus accelerator =

£650, however I'm paying £860 because I'm paying monthly, but still a bargain, my old insurance was £1400 and I still had 5 months left, that meant over £700 for 5 months, made sense to do this too be honest, plus I can now lower it.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #11 on: 05 November 2008, 08:59 »
pretty much the same quote i got! if i paid in full would only of been 654 i think, but need to do it monthly

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #12 on: 05 November 2008, 22:14 »
bell are crap, end of mate, been there and done this.

Had a crash and they were useless. Dont touch them with a pole mate

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #13 on: 05 November 2008, 23:35 »
Well don't crash and all is good  :grin:

At the end of the day, if an accident does happen, I personally don't expect to come out of a claim with anything other than my health and making sure all legal stuff is taken care of, anything else is a bonus in my eyes.

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #14 on: 06 November 2008, 21:01 »
Shady P, with all due respect that is the biggest load of bullsh!t i have ever heard in my life.

You buy car insurance to back you up in the event of an accident.

When a company charges a LARGE amount of money for insurance, including legal cover, then doesnt back you up in a crash that isnt you fault, and doesnt give you help. I personally dont think they are worth the money.

Bell said to me on the phone, they are a company that gives cheap quotes to young drivers on resonably fast cars, becuase they know they wont declare mods and they wont pay out for anyone. They dont take any pride of help in claims, they just get all the customers in, they also f**k you over with direct debits. they said i was unable to pay a £166 debit one month, claiming i had no money, when my balance was in the 2k region. Therefor denting my credit profile.

Bell are a heap of sh!t, end of story.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #15 on: 06 November 2008, 21:05 »
Fair enough you had a bad experience with them man, I know what it's like to go with something because of one benefit or another then get shafted, so I see where you're coming from. Besides I'm not here to get in an arguement with you :)

I'm with Admiral and have declared my mods so they can't fault me on that, and I guess we'll see what happens in the event of an accident. But touch wood I don't have to :D

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #16 on: 06 November 2008, 21:07 »
Im with HIC with every single little mod declared and on the certificate. I have the certificate outlining the mods in the glove box.

So i can happily roar past police, crackling and poping and rubbing on the ground with a grin on my face.

Havnt been pulled in my GTI once, and i have owned it well over a year!

But do steer clear of bell, its prices are there to fool you.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #17 on: 09 November 2008, 11:21 »
if you are on a bonus accelerator policy with Bell no other insurer will honour your no claims discount. You HAVE to stay with Bell in order to keep it. Stay with them more than 2 years and you end up losing the lot when you switch

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #18 on: 10 November 2008, 11:30 »
if you are on a bonus accelerator policy with Bell no other insurer will honour your no claims discount. You HAVE to stay with Bell in order to keep it. Stay with them more than 2 years and you end up losing the lot when you switch

Yes and no. If you are with Bell for 2 years other insurance companies see it only as 1 year NCB as its only 20 months instead of 24 months if you see what I mean.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #19 on: 10 November 2008, 12:32 »
ahh well thats a sh!tter aint it, well not alot i can do now have to wait till i get '2 yrs' with bell and then switch with 1 NCB :p