Author Topic: bell.co.uk  (Read 4996 times)

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
bell.co.uk
« on: 04 November 2008, 15:15 »
Now i have trouble gettign good insurance quotes due to a accident i had and 0 NCB

up for renewal now so i thought i would check out bell as soemone on another forum said hes with them and gets agood premium price,

so ive had been quoted by various other company's 1800 - 3k

so declared the bump, 0 ncd additonal driver mum + the few mods i have,

fully comp, 250 xs legal cover pi cover + w/s cover £694!! well chuffed and they also do a 10 month policy for holders woth 0ncd so you can build up your first yr quicker

any one else with bell?

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
Re: bell.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: 04 November 2008, 18:36 »
I was, bell are great on prices, just make sure you dont get through to the bombay department of their phone system 

''its a corrado'' ''a rover?'' ''no, a CORRADO'' ''is that a rover corrado sir''  :rolleyes:

But yeah, good prices, but not so good on mods, and as such i have switch to brentacre.
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2008, 18:58 »
I was, bell are great on prices, just make sure you dont get through to the bombay department of their phone system 

''its a corrado'' ''a rover?'' ''no, a CORRADO'' ''is that a rover corrado sir''  :rolleyes:

But yeah, good prices, but not so good on mods, and as such i have switch to brentacre.

not so good on mods? i was mucking around with the quick quote tool adn put the mods that i want to have done on and thought it wasnt too bad tbh

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 November 2008, 19:04 »
Yer i got a quote with Bell on my 1.6 driver and it was £1101.60 with suspension declared which is better than the £1500 ive been quoted elsewhere without suspension!

Just waiting for my renewal in the next few weeks to see what that is!

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2008, 19:59 »

not so good on mods? i was mucking around with the quick quote tool adn put the mods that i want to have done on and thought it wasnt too bad tbh

yeh, but all your mods are pretty small and cosmetic whereas mine is stuff like cam / remap and the like which bell wont cover. 

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 04 November 2008, 20:34 »
Ahh i see! sorry mate.

Are they anygood as insurers go? Im not sure if it would be better for me to just go with the people I know :undecided:

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2008, 20:53 »
I never had a problem with them really, and they do some good add ons like drive other cars third party and windscreen cover. The dont charge an admin fee for changing car either, and will let you add extra cars onto your policy for a week at a time for around 20 quid which is a bonus if your anything like me and chop and change cars a fair bit.

never really had to go through the claims process though so i cant comment on that. Get the right ppl on the phone and they are pretty helpful, but like i said, dont end up in the bombay call centre!

Just be wary of the 10 month no claims thing, not all insurers accept it a a years no claims if you switch provider.

Dec, have you tried insuring a gti with bell? i insured an 8v gti with them for 900 a year on my 19th birthday, you might get a good price then?

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 November 2008, 21:41 »
Yea had already decided on the 12 month one.. will this be ok for other insurers?

yea a GTI was £1500 (standard) but I cant afford to buy a GTI on top :sad:

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 November 2008, 22:00 »
12 month was fine for mine.

stick the folks on with bell, makes alot of difference.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #9 on: 04 November 2008, 22:51 »
yeah i done all that got a good price as well so im happy, I know someone who is with bell and has a remap declared? ill ring them when im thinking of doing it see what they say i guess