Author Topic: complete newbie with my golf. but i think i got a cracking deal on insurance  (Read 3373 times)

Offline tttommm

• Not said much yet
a 106 gti is faster than a 2.0 golf

Offline Tory

• Not said much yet
  • MK7 GTD
no it isnt
i test drove the 106 gti
with no mods i guess
but i know it had some kind of boy racer foghorn exhaust that sounded do tacky it was untrue...

my golfs faster than a 106
MK7 - GTD - Pure White - Stage 1 Remap - Rotiform CCV - Dynaudio - Winter Pack - Instagram torivw

Offline Ashley

• I live here
girls always get cheaper insurance than boys  :cry: im 19 in july and i doubt i could get cheaper than £1500 for a 2.0 mk4 even with my rents added, altho saying that I haven't looked yet! :angry:

Offline mattneck(Beavis)

• I live here
  • Bristol's Own (DJ) Beavis ;-)
i tried adding my parents with elephant and saved a fair few hundred..

i msut get on the case of lsiting all the companies i want to call soon.. before renewal coems around too fast  :grin:
Sig Removed. No Longer Applicable. New Sig? Nah. Not Yet..

Sharpo says: (16:57:39)
to be honest i dont doubt that half ggti users have a shortcut on their desktop for sharpie's last posts

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
girls always get cheaper insurance than boys  :cry: im 19 in july and i doubt i could get cheaper than £1500 for a 2.0 mk4 even with my rents added, altho saying that I haven't looked yet! :angry:

I bought my 2.0 MK4 when I was 19. Which is for sale btw, look at sig. Added the parents and all that jazz and managed to get it for about £1300 mark. Cant really remeber as that was a year and a half ago now, well worth looking into, and you can buy my old car :D Everyones a winner.

Offline Madmax

• I live here
Sounds like a good way to get cheaper quotes, what insurance companys do this then? I tried Churchill but the quotes were the same.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Are you asking me Max?

I ended up with Elephant for the mk5 and Kwik Fit on the mk4.

Offline Madmax

• I live here
Are you asking me Max?

I ended up with Elephant for the mk5 and Kwik Fit on the mk4.

Was asking the OP but i'll give those a try too. :)

Offline Mew

• I live here
no it isnt
i test drove the 106 gti
with no mods i guess
but i know it had some kind of boy racer foghorn exhaust that sounded do tacky it was untrue...

That 106 was definitely f**ked then if a 2.0 mk4 is quicker  :grin:

Offline Madmax

• I live here
no it isnt
i test drove the 106 gti
with no mods i guess

That 106 was definitely f**ked then if a 2.0 mk4 is quicker  :grin:

Indeed, with a 0-60 the same time as your average family wagon there's not much the 2.0 can actually beat.
Plus the 2.0 isn't actually a GTI i read somewhere. Which makes sense that it's only 115hp & the 1.8 is 125hp..