Author Topic: Best companies for young drivers?  (Read 4901 times)

Offline jackass1989

• Not said much yet
Re: Best companies for young drivers?
« Reply #20 on: 18 July 2007, 17:40 »
hey fuse i dont think their is any chance u getting insured on a gti soz m8 but im 18 this month and i own a 1.3 mk2 golf, and that is a biatch to get insured cheapest i got so far is 1400 , but im still looking.i dont think we shud have to pay for insurnace how that soound yeah :D

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #21 on: 20 July 2007, 15:26 »
I turned 23 in June and managed to get my Mk IV GTi Turbo insured fully comp for £400ish with Direct Line. At the moment, they are offering 0% APR, so it costs no extra to pay it off in monthly installements. They also did the best quotes for my previous cars too.

But gotta agree with most people in this thread - Drive around in something less glamourous for a couple of years and build NCD (and more importantly experience!). Ive finally hit 5 years NCD, and looking at my Golf now, I can forget about all the times I was left in the slow lane on the motorways! Cool cars come with time....

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 20 July 2007, 16:03 »
im 19 with 1 ncb does anyone know a good insurance company that will insure me in my 8v gti mk2
if so what sort of quotes did anyone get

I'm 19 with 2 ncm an im paying about £1100 with admiral. 12 month policy.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #23 on: 20 July 2007, 16:17 »
im 19 with 1 ncb does anyone know a good insurance company that will insure me in my 8v gti mk2
if so what sort of quotes did anyone get

It depends massively on your circumstances and your post code. Until your at least 21 be prepared to have your pants pulled down over insurance.

Offline dabill

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 July 2007, 10:14 »
im insure with HIC... didnt speak with martin but i spoke with a young lady there... im 20, with no NCB, and she told me that usually they wont insure anyone under 21... but she did anyways, and im paying 1495 quid or there abouts haha. car only cost 1600... ahwell, first car that i really enjoy driving, and its by far the best investment i've ever made, in my opinion.

noble tuned - and still not fast enough!