Author Topic: RIPPP OFFFF!!!  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Marco Rossi

• GTI forum regular
  • Techno Genius........probably
Re: RIPPP OFFFF!!!
« Reply #10 on: 30 May 2007, 10:44 »
I found that swift cover, the one thats purely online was well cheaper.  One reason is that there was no option for me to enter all my mods, (which were purely asthetic anyway).

mate, if their website does not ask then they probably dont cover mods so you may as well just save you cash and not bother cos you probably aint covered properly anyway!  :shocked:

You must declare all modifications asthetic of not!  :huh:

they did have options but not all the ones that i had.  I clicked the radio boxes to check the ones that i could.  *Whats a guy de do.*Italian american accent*.

Offline frog

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 30 May 2007, 15:27 »
Best thing to do at 17 is DO NOT MOD THE CAR, unless your prepared to pay stupid money.
Keep the car standard, learn to drive it and appreciate it, then when you've built up a no claims bonus and know what your after then Mod it to suit your style

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 June 2007, 00:49 »
Try elephant/admiral/bell with you as main driver and add your parents as named drivers  :wink:

sharpie

« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2007, 00:51 »
although... if you buy a car that's already modified - surely you can claim that you weren't told that they were non oe parts and pretend to be daft about it.  :cool:

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2007, 17:05 »
I wouldnt chance it, if some one was to drive into you and there insurance sent a assessor out to view your car they would probably pick up anything that looked out of place and the could end up refusing to pay your claim. I dont think its a chance worth taking for the sake of a set of wheels !

Offline golfmk3

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2007, 21:17 »
the whole thing is stupid really, would they charge me extra for painting my vw badges black? also does your insurance cost more if you have aftermarket bigger brakes fitted coz that would just be silly

Offline Wrighty_1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2007, 22:05 »
Mate, Quinn Direct are your friends.

When i was 17 i had a corsa sport 1.4 16v.

Mods -
Alloys
lowered 60mm
backbox

Cost me 1450 for the year tpft. Also with Quinn Direct they allow you to drive anyones car with permission even on tpft.

Offline Marco Rossi

• GTI forum regular
  • Techno Genius........probably
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2007, 22:15 »
Hooooooowww much??! By eck.

Offline neil_1821

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2007, 11:38 »
at 17 got my 1.4 Mk3 golf insured for £1100 tpft, that was with alloys, if you phone compaines up and just say that you have locking wheel nuts etc then usually the price of alloys dont make it go up, the price will soar up for lowering your car though, i know you want it to llok nice but it really is best to keep you car standard at a young age because insurance companies just htink boy racer and your insurance rockets.

I'm coming up for 19 soon and then on my Mk3 my insurance will be £500, and for a Mk2 gti with martin it'll cost me round £1400 tpft, Your better off waiting a few years mate

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2007, 13:55 »
when i was 17 i was with norwich union direct, £1100 on mums insurance though on a 1.6 driver, no mods. and then when i was 18 i was paying £1600 on a 16v on dads insurance.

i would try and get your own policy and not rely on being on your parents insurance.