Author Topic: Urgent advise needed  (Read 4411 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Urgent advise needed
« Reply #10 on: 04 January 2011, 18:38 »
You hit the car in front = your fault

You got to have lots of witnesses, good evidence to prove otherwise

In the eyes if the law and insurance companies you should have left a big enough gap to avoid going into the back of the vehicle in front

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #11 on: 04 January 2011, 18:38 »
in the insurance company eyes YOU went into the back of someone so it is YOUR fault for not leaving enough space between cars regardless of what happened in front
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #12 on: 04 January 2011, 18:42 »
in the insurance company eyes YOU went into the back of someone so it is YOUR fault for not leaving enough space between cars regardless of what happened in front

there was enough gap but car skidded cause of wet road and speed was like 30MPH :(

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 04 January 2011, 18:43 »
even though we both have comprehensive insurance, nothing can be done with my bro car.

my insurance is okay to repair the car i hit, so it will effect my protected NCB. what about my bro's insurance, will his NCB be affected as well though his insurance is not doing fixing anything?

as chuff said... unless you are a NAMED driver at fault or can prove another driver is at fault you will only be covered THIRD PARTY for this incident

well the guy who caused this ran from the scene, so as I see it, its not our fault. Roads were wet, we braked, car skidded and hit the car from behind. Nothing major happened to car infront but the front of my brother's car was damaged badly.

front bumper, grill, fog lights, bonnet

tbh you might as well repair that yourself anyway to save any insurance hassle with your BIL's no claims etc

there was enough gap but car skidded cause of wet road and speed was like 30MPH :(

obviously there wasn't, you still hit him!

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #14 on: 04 January 2011, 18:45 »

this is going to sound REALLY harsh, but there wasnt enough gap and / or you weren't driving to the conditions.

cos if you said that to the police then you could be done for undue care and attention  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2011, 18:51 »

this is going to sound REALLY harsh, but there wasnt enough gap and / or you weren't driving to the conditions.

cos if you said that to the police then you could be done for undue care and attention  :lipsrsealed:

Why does it sound harsh? Didn't cater for the conditions, so when the unexpected happened, he crashed. Simples.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2011, 18:53 »
i guess its better for us to speak to driver of car infront and sort his car without claiming anything on insurance. Thanks for your replies

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #17 on: 04 January 2011, 19:02 »
There were two cars ahead of me, the first one suddenly braked for no reason and turned into side road.

I'm sorry but this made me lol, most people tend to brake when they intend to turn into a side road  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #18 on: 04 January 2011, 19:07 »
There were two cars ahead of me, the first one suddenly braked for no reason and turned into side road.

I'm sorry but this made me lol, most people tend to brake when they intend to turn into a side road  :lipsrsealed:

you can lol as much you like mate, but on dual carriage way, driving in right lane and turning into left side road all of sudden is stupidity which caused the accident

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 04 January 2011, 19:11 »

you can lol as much you like mate, but on dual carriage way, driving in right lane and turning into left side road all of sudden is stupidity which caused the accident

so let me get this straight?

car 1 - was in lane 2 of a DC and veered across two lanes without indicating into a side road cutting up car 2
car 2 - was in lane 1 of DC, was cut up by car 1, stopped in time or hit car 1, driver of car 1 stopped and then legged it on foot leaving car 1 behind?
car 3 (you) - was in lane 1 of DC behind car 2, skidded and hit car 2

correct?
« Last Edit: 04 January 2011, 19:13 by Guy »