Author Topic: If I don't have a car and there's a couple of weeks left on insurance...  (Read 4399 times)

Offline 2001gti4

• Here all the time
I'm not an insurance expert but I imagine their reponse will be "11 months isn't a year therefore no no-claims"
It's always worth pushing a bit but sometimes you have to realise you're just wasting your breath. Good luck with it!
My Golf is dead but at least I have this....

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
I would go hell for leather to try and get this sorted. It should be common sense for them to just let it go. I know 50 weeks is not 52 but it's not like they're losing money. I would ask to speak to the underwriters - they're probably not letting you have it because Bob had a bad Monday. Try sorting it mid-week or even on a pay-day when everyone's gearing up to go to the pub after work. You'll be amazed at the difference it can make...  :laugh:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
doubt they will be interested in anyway shape of form. 

they have bent you over right royally and  shoved one up you dry - but all within the terms and conditions of your policy,

me, i would have kept  :lipsrsealed: about scrapping it til policy expired.

i insured a log book for 3 years to keep my bike insurance going  :evil: - the ped itself had long since met its maker  :grin:

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
Well it's better than nothing which is what they were first doing, they are going to provide me with 11 months no claims which will at least count as a year to Admiral.

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
phone em up and say that you will be scrapping your car if they say you said in two weeks, you say eh? act dumb trust me it bladdy works!  :lipsrsealed:
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Well it's better than nothing which is what they were first doing, they are going to provide me with 11 months no claims which will at least count as a year to Admiral.

Not a bad result then :afro: