Author Topic: My mk4 Golf Gti 1.8t  (Read 10176 times)

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
My mk4 Golf Gti 1.8t
« on: 03 December 2013, 23:06 »
This is my long term project as i've always wanted to own a mk4 and my daily car too so has to remain practical/functional in a town of bloody speed humps.

Recently bought LED set off here, just awaiting a rear sharan badge, last weekend I fitted new seats and I'm also on the look out for an audi tt clutch pedal as the set I bought came with two brake pedals! I've fitted a boost gauge, forge dv and silicone pipe work and I keep contemplating a stage 1, just so it's more economical  :wink:

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
Re: My mk4 Golf Gti 1.8t
« Reply #1 on: 06 December 2013, 18:40 »

Overwhelming response!

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 December 2013, 18:42 »
Not many people comment in this section to be fair mate nice motor though !

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2013, 18:57 »
Cheers fella, yeah it is a bit quiet!

Offline AD1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2013, 19:00 »
Build thread wise uk mkivs is pretty active but hands down this is the most useful forum helped me out of a load of problems !

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2013, 20:19 »
I signed up to that but the admins seemed none existant when i had trouble signing up and the classifieds was piss poor so ive gravitated to here. :cool:

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2014, 15:39 »
Currently working through a few issues with the car to try and get it running sweet, along with a very not very interesting changes such as mats, a cheap new gear knob and a battery to try and get to bottom of an electrical  issue.
Replaced the track rod ends this morning, looked a bit worse for wear, still some unhealthy noises coming from the car when turning left mainly so that'll require further investigation. I'm going to have a look on here for common things to knacker in!

And also got round to fitting the sharan badge i bought off of here, think i prefered it without the badge when I removed original to be fair.

Next up a thermostat change, wish me luck as this mechanic-ing lark isn't my strong point.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #7 on: 05 January 2014, 16:07 »
Car is looking good :afro:

The thermostat is an easy enough job, it's just the access that can be a bit of a pig.

How hard were the track rod ends to do? It's something that needs doing on mine before too long :undecided:

Offline Carl!

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 05 January 2014, 16:33 »
cheers Dom. The track rod ends were really simple, I was surprised as I'm very low skilled and haven't the best assortment of tools, so internet "10 minute" jobs usually end up 2-3 hours! Issues must arise if stuff are stuck on but even then there is plenty of access etc so still wouldnt be a nightmare.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 05 January 2014, 16:49 »
car looks nice mate  :wink: