Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2830713 times)

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4080 on: 26 March 2016, 06:33 »
Thanks guys. Also bout a Karchar K2 today as well as a bunch of cleaning stuff from clean my car.

Best detailing website ever!

The K2 (hope its powerful enough) was a Homebase special - including the home kit £83.

The K2 is easily powerful enough.  I use a the K2 but the compact one just for car washing duty and it's great. Course you probably don't want me to tell you you could've picked up a very similar version (compact so minus wheels and long handle but otherwise same machine) from Amazon for £69.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-Compact-Air-Cooled-Pressure-Washer/dp/B009QX8AOA

That's the one I was originally going to buy, however the one in Homebase includes the home kit, wheels and handle so I thought sod it, I've already spent £24k+ this month and bought a house so what's another £14. :)
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #4081 on: 26 March 2016, 09:01 »
15% off everything at Wickes this easter weekend (use the code EASTER15) including pressure washers, K2 home kit approx £72 or a K4 for approx £118.

Hope this is good for someone!
« Last Edit: 26 March 2016, 09:34 by Gtiless »

Offline Mrparkuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4082 on: 27 March 2016, 12:18 »
Winter wheels off and Austins back on. The bridgestones only covered 1500 miles before the bbs and dunlops were fitted. They (the b'stones) look brand new. They are a seriously hard compound rubber. Need to find the spare cash and fit something better suited to the climate and road conditions. Never get many hot days and/ or super smooth roads in the north west. Seems a pity to bin the b'stones. May plant some potatoes in them. :smiley:

ps  Will be collecting a replacement windscreen trim tomorrow. Will update with pictures, fitting details and price. :cool:
« Last Edit: 27 March 2016, 12:27 by Mrparkuk »
Current-Jan 2017 M140i, auto. Mineral Grey. ☠😈

Gone-mk7 golf Gti PP, Carbon Grey, 2015 specification, 5dr.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4083 on: 27 March 2016, 12:42 »
15% off everything at Wickes this easter weekend (use the code EASTER15) including pressure washers, K2 home kit approx £72 or a K4 for approx £118.

My brother ordered one so thanks for the heads up :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4084 on: 27 March 2016, 15:35 »

ARSE!!

Wish i had seen that Friday - thats a great deal :)
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #4085 on: 27 March 2016, 16:17 »
It's still on
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4086 on: 28 March 2016, 11:54 »
More what someone else did to my car.......a quick trip to the shop ends with a chip and dent!   :cry:

Parked in a far flung corner of virtually empty car park, just about to drive off when someone decides to ignore all the empty spaces and park their Fiat right next to me!!  Next thing I hear Is a massive bang. The Fiat passenger has opened her door, let go of it and of course the high wind has flung it slap into my rear passenger door.  I get out and she starts saying, "oh there's no damage", erm, oh yes there is!  Nice big chip and dent right on the door crease.  I know it happens but what a dozy cow!  Got the driver's number but got the impression he won't be picking up the phone any time soon.

Hopefully a decent dent/smart repairer can sort it out.  It happens but annoyed to say the least.  :angry: :sad:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4087 on: 28 March 2016, 12:16 »
I feel your pain Bec. At least you were in the car and got their details if thats any consolation . I can't understand why folk feel compelled to park next to you when there are hundreds of spaces elsewhere. Apart from Costco I just refuse to park side by side in car parks.

Has it actually dented your door? Hard to tell in the pictures.
Will a smart repairer not want to mask off an area and paint and blend rather than not just tackle the damaged area alone?
I might be inclined to tackle that myself with a touch up pen and cocktail stick over the course of a few days just building up layer after layer especially if there is no dent.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4088 on: 28 March 2016, 12:30 »
OUCH!
There's definitely a dent there.
 :cry:
That is so annoying.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4089 on: 28 March 2016, 13:05 »
What a shame! It also annoys me when you park away from everyone only to come back with one next to you. Happened recently and I struggled to get in the car they were so close with dozens of spaces to choose from.

On a personally annoying note, woke this morning to find a neighbour's recycling bin had been blown down the side of my car in the night. Checked for damage and all okay apart from a scrape on my f/n/s alloy. Can't blame the bin though, I must've done it on a kerb recently. Bugger.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.