Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653873 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1790 on: 20 August 2014, 19:51 »
I don't suppose I'm anymore grumpy than usual, it's just having to come back to this cold, wet, miserable weather.

Cold?  Wet maybe, but it's not that bad.  Post holiday blues eh, stop moaning dubber  :grin:

I should have been in the Maldives for last fortnight but had to cancel due to family illness.  So to console myself I waxed the car.  To hell with the hedge.
Maldives booth sharks are in the Maldives so your safer over here we have also cancelled holidays this year due to another back op that I require no holiday no golf no waxing car but there is always a silver lining I can still go cycling with my daughter did 23 miles today with her in the child seat quality   :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1791 on: 20 August 2014, 20:42 »
I managed to get some cycling done whilst in France, but not ridden since getting home. I need to get a few miles in as I signed up for my first 100K event today.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1792 on: 20 August 2014, 21:01 »

Maldives booth sharks are in the Maldives so your safer over here we have also cancelled holidays this year due to another back op that I require no holiday no golf no waxing car but there is always a silver lining I can still go cycling with my daughter did 23 miles today with her in the child seat quality   :cool:

I don't mind the sharks, the little black tipped reef sharks always give humans a wide berth.  Great snorkelling and diving.  We're going in Jan instead so something to look forward to. 

Hope your op goes well charlie, good that you can still get out on the bike but you must be missing your golf.  Went cycling with my daughter last weekend.  She did her first active mountain bike trail with me and loved it.  Just as well, it's compulsory to like cycling in my family, my dad used to road race and in my youth I used to time trial.   Most of our family camping holidays were spent following either the Tour de France or various other grand tours. 

I managed to get some cycling done whilst in France, but not ridden since getting home. I need to get a few miles in as I signed up for my first 100K event today.

Serious training then dubber?  My mate is doing the London to Nice race next month.  She tried to persuade me to join her, but failed  :grin: 
« Last Edit: 20 August 2014, 21:02 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #1793 on: 20 August 2014, 21:04 »
Finally got some serious miles under my belt in her, along some mighty fine roads. Snowdonia is a beautiful place to drive in.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1794 on: 20 August 2014, 21:33 »

I know all too well about ecology issues. They get in the way of us building in rural areas all the time. Since when did bats roosting in a roof take priority over humans building somewhere to live? I figure that if I make enough noise early on in the year, the birds will find someone else's hedge to make their home in.

Maybe you should move to the city, but the. I guess you wouldn't like the urban wildlife.  :wink:

We work at different ends of the spectrum, as my work is about ensuring adequate quality open space is provided in rural and urban development, and protecting and enhancing existing open space, including biodiversity.

Good for you way too much mediocre stuff gets built and don't get me started on horrors under permitted development

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1795 on: 20 August 2014, 21:46 »

Maybe you should move to the city, but the. I guess you wouldn't like the urban wildlife.  :wink:

We work at different ends of the spectrum, as my work is about ensuring adequate quality open space is provided in rural and urban development, and protecting and enhancing existing open space, including biodiversity.

Good for you way too much mediocre stuff gets built and don't get me started on horrors under permitted development

Totally agree.  I've just finished writing a supplementary planning document which includes best practice for developers to properly design open space as an integral part of the development (especially larger schemes) instead of using what's left over as the token greenspace offering, which has been the practice for too long.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1796 on: 21 August 2014, 12:36 »

I don't mind the sharks, the little black tipped reef sharks always give humans a wide berth.  Great snorkelling and diving.  We're going in Jan instead so something to look forward to. 

Hope your op goes well charlie, good that you can still get out on the bike but you must be missing your golf.  Went cycling with my daughter last weekend.  She did her first active mountain bike trail with me and loved it.  Just as well, it's compulsory to like cycling in my family, my dad used to road race and in my youth I used to time trial.   Most of our family camping holidays were spent following either the Tour de France or various other grand tours. 

Serious training then dubber?  My mate is doing the London to Nice race next month.  She tried to persuade me to join her, but failed  :grin:
cheers booth just one of life's blips sent to test us this is my third op on the back so getting used to it. Cycling I'm just a cycle for fitness type so dubbers 100 k out of my league. 
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1797 on: 21 August 2014, 13:53 »
I've just finished writing a supplementary planning document which includes best practice for developers to properly design open space as an integral part of the development (especially larger schemes) instead of using what's left over as the token greenspace offering, which has been the practice for too long.

The problem with having to leave too much open space, is that the developer can't maximize the full potential of the site and in some cases, the whole project could become unsustainable. It could be said the your policies should be taken into account when the site is valued, but for developers that have been sitting on land that they paid top dollar for before the crash, it could be yet another nail in the coffin.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1798 on: 21 August 2014, 14:00 »
Cycling I'm just a cycle for fitness type so dubbers 100 k out of my league.

I used to ride a lot 20 years ago, but life took away all of my spare time. I started out again on my mountain bike with narrow, slick tyres on earlier this year, but struggled to do 15-20 miles. I took some good advise, bought a road bike and had it properly fitted and haven't looked back. I'm 44 and a long way off being fit, but having the right equipment makes a massive difference. 4 months ago I wouldn't have even considered such an event, but now I really feel like I am in with a chance of completing it.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1799 on: 21 August 2014, 15:01 »

The problem with having to leave too much open space, is that the developer can't maximize the full potential of the site and in some cases, the whole project could become unsustainable. It could be said the your policies should be taken into account when the site is valued, but for developers that have been sitting on land that they paid top dollar for before the crash, it could be yet another nail in the coffin.

Who said anything about leaving too much open space? 

Adequate, appropriate, well designed and high quality open space is the key on larger developments.  I understand the point you make about it needing to be a viable financial proposition for the developer.  However your response demonstrates part of my point that open space is still seen as secondary (the poor cousin) in development when in fact it should be of equal importance as the built environment.  I could go on about the importance of accessible greenspace to people's mental and physical wellbeing, as well as creating a 'sense of place' for communities, and equally I could give you plenty of examples of long term problems resulting from poorly designed developments with inadequate outdoor space but I suspect people would rather we talk about cars  :wink:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual