Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653136 times)

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1780 on: 20 August 2014, 11:07 »
Both look smart  :wink:

Mine's 2 months into a 6 month Golf sabbatical  :cry: :angry:

Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1781 on: 20 August 2014, 11:25 »
Looks like you are spending too much time on the car. The hedge is looking a bit neglected.
bit rude dubber you get out the wrong side of bed
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1782 on: 20 August 2014, 12:18 »
Looks like you are spending too much time on the car. The hedge is looking a bit neglected.

Did you have a good holiday.

Hedges should ideally be cut outside of bird nesting season (March to August).  I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Yes thank you. Extremely grumpy about being back tho'.

I know all too well about ecology issues. They get in the way of us building in rural areas all the time. Since when did bats roosting in a roof take priority over humans building somewhere to live? I figure that if I make enough noise early on in the year, the birds will find someone else's hedge to make their home in.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1783 on: 20 August 2014, 13:05 »

I know all too well about ecology issues. They get in the way of us building in rural areas all the time. Since when did bats roosting in a roof take priority over humans building somewhere to live? I figure that if I make enough noise early on in the year, the birds will find someone else's hedge to make their home in.

Maybe you should move to the city, but the. I guess you wouldn't like the urban wildlife.  :wink:

We work at different ends of the spectrum, as my work is about ensuring adequate quality open space is provided in rural and urban development, and protecting and enhancing existing open space, including biodiversity.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1784 on: 20 August 2014, 17:39 »
Don't be grumpy dubber it just isn't worth it and I learnt something today about when to give the hedge the chop. I live in the countryside and I do enjoy the birds and the bees but I wish the former would stop using my car as target practise
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snooze

• I live here
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1786 on: 20 August 2014, 18:11 »
I don't suppose I'm anymore grumpy than usual, it's just having to come back to this cold, wet, miserable weather.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JDM82

• Here all the time
« Reply #1787 on: 20 August 2014, 19:08 »
Put the GTI badge back on the boot of my car. Put some red/chrome GTI fender badges of the mk7 on my car. I think they look great on my red GTI. Normally I de-badge my cars but I quite like the GTI badges. Fitted my osram night breakers unlimited bulbs. Simple add on's but I really like my new badges.
GOLF GTi - The legendary hot hatch

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1788 on: 20 August 2014, 19:09 »
I don't suppose I'm anymore grumpy than usual, it's just having to come back to this cold, wet, miserable weather.

Cold?  Wet maybe, but it's not that bad.  Post holiday blues eh, stop moaning dubber  :grin:

I should have been in the Maldives for last fortnight but had to cancel due to family illness.  So to console myself I waxed the car.  To hell with the hedge.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1789 on: 20 August 2014, 19:34 »
Put the GTI badge back on the boot of my car. Put some red/chrome GTI fender badges of the mk7 on my car. I think they look great on my red GTI. Normally I de-badge my cars but I quite like the GTI badges. Fitted my osram night breakers unlimited bulbs. Simple add on's but I really like my new badges.

Any pics?  Undecided about the red wing badges on the mk7 but nice to see them on a mk6
« Last Edit: 20 August 2014, 22:43 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual