Author Topic: Seriously Pissed Off  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Slim

• Not said much yet
Seriously Pissed Off
« on: 20 June 2003, 18:34 »
I bought a Scorpion back box for my car last week, I've got a GTi exhuat system and the back box is for a GTi 16v so wasn't sure if the bore would be too big or not, put it in the garage to get it fitted today as well as new brake pads.

When taking the brake discs off, they somehow managed to break one of the wheel hubs so needed a new one of them, they found a hole in my front exhaust pipe even though the car was extremely quiet so they put on a new one, but somehow managed to damage the next pipe up and tried to seal it with putty or something that's blown a hole on my way home. Furthermore, the bore on my back box was too small apparently and didn't fit.  

So now I'm left with exactly the same exhaust set up as before but my car sounds like a demented tractor and my wallet is ?163 lighter, which is most of my holiday money.   :-\

Oh and I need 2 new tyres as well.

No idea what I'm going to do now, they said they'll have a look at it on Thursday, so until then I'm left with a car that's undriveable and an empty wallet.   >:(

kniterider

Re:Seriously Pissed Off
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2003, 19:46 »
sorry to hear that mate, do your self a favour, the money you spent today could have bought you a decent trolley jack, some axle stands, and the bits they replaced, and a haynes manual. follow the instructions in the manual and bingo!, youve done it yourself and got the tools to do future work, its alot cheaper to diy and you tend to take more care than some heavy fisted y.t boy. i would let it be known on here who and where they are so other people dont go there!

Offline MK1_BOY

• Here all the time
  • Low Low bored out MK1 Golf GTI Campaign.
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2003, 22:49 »
I would do the same, name and shame Slim..  Knightriders right though.. Last w/e I changed my break pads, first time for me, and I didnt even use a manual, its so easy, just remember how you took it apart..  Thats the great thing about Golfs, its all pretty basic really...  As for the Blow.. What part is it, I have loads of MK2 parts inc parts of exhaust I think a whole system in my garage...  Where are you you in the country???
Race ya...

Offline Slim

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2003, 00:05 »
Yeah, I'm a bit of a DIY disaster though, I even managed to make a mess of putting alloy door pins on  :-[

The bit that's bust open is just after the downpipe, but I'm all the way up in Aberdeen so I doubt it'd be much use.

I'm taking the car back to them to sort for no extra charge whether they like it or not, I still can't figure out how they managed to bugger up the front of the exhaust when I just wanted the back box changed over.