Author Topic: BBS Alloys - best cleaner??  (Read 2731 times)

jp

BBS Alloys - best cleaner??
« on: 10 February 2003, 11:51 »
???

Just bought an Anniversary and wondered whether anyone had any tips for cleaning/polishing products for the BBS alloys fitted to the Anniversary model?
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline NJ

• Not said much yet
Re: BBS Alloys - best cleaner??
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2003, 12:31 »
I thought the aristo's on my R32 where cool until I had to clean them, so my advise is: Get someone else to do it ?;D  Otherwise I can't help - sorry
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by -1 »

Arthur tee to

nj032

Re: BBS Alloys - best cleaner??
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2003, 23:31 »
In last weeks autoexpress they did a product test on wheel cleaners, there recommendations were: 1st Place - Wonder Wheels, 2nd Place - Comma Alloy Cleaner.  I don't think there is much between these other than price.  Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline jonny boy

• Not said much yet
Re:BBS Alloys - best cleaner??
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2003, 11:18 »
i used to valet cars and the wheel acid we used was brilliant. it was really strong stuff (industrial strenth). i've used the stuff you can buy from car accesory shops and i don't reckon they're much cop. pop in to your local car valet  garage and try and tap them up for a bit of wheel acid. don't leave it on for too long though. you should'nt have to scrub the wheels if it's good wheel acid, just spray on and leave for a few mins and then jet wash off. if the brake dust is really caked on, you may have to repeat the process a few times.

hope this helps mate, let us know how you get on.

Offline shady

• Just got here
Re:BBS Alloys - best cleaner??
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2003, 23:03 »
I,ve just done an ancient set of fox with wonder wheels and it practically melted the brake dust off. they hadn,t been cleaned for years and I had to use two applications but now they look almost new