Author Topic: Hi, Nice Forum! What are you all drinking?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline VWaxilMK1cab

• Not said much yet
  • 1992 mk1 cabrio gti
Hi, Nice Forum! What are you all drinking?
« on: 26 June 2003, 23:03 »
Hello everyone,  ;)

Some of you will have seen me loitering around in the Mk1 section for the past week, so I thought I'd introduce myself properly!

My names Chris, I'm 24 from Huddersfield near Leeds, I'm a computer techi, into going out on the lash with my mates and a big music fan, genres being: Old Skool, RnB, Rap & Oasis!!  
I've just bought a White Mk1 GTi Karmen Cabriolet, K reg. Hence my presence here! It's in quite good condition, but needs a good overhaul, as it's 11 years old now, and still has most of it's original parts, so I'll be changing and lubricating anything and everything perishable. (I think the rule is P.O.W.E.R - Petrol, Oil, Water, Electrical, Rubber???) Please bear with me if I'm asking too many stupid questions! Feel free to ask me anything about Punto's or Turbo's!

I've been into cars and modding for about 5 years now, and just recently sold my last project (200bhp Punto Turbo) and bought myself a real car! Altho I have also a 1.1i Saxo until the Golf has been finished. Which I bought whilst searching for the past 2 months for the right Mk1.

Anyway, I'll shut up and buy a round of drinks (albeit virtual ones till i get 2 a meet-owt happen up north?!)
Who are you, and what's your poison? Who'll join me in a nice cold stella!?
« Last Edit: 26 June 2003, 23:07 by VWaxilMK1cab »

Offline kevin

• GTI forum regular
Re:Hi, Nice Forum! What are you all drinking?
« Reply #1 on: 27 June 2003, 02:13 »
welcome m8!! and hello to the wierd and wonderful world of vee-dubs,i'm sure someone on here will be able to give you some good advice when and where you need it.
as for your cabby ,sounds well cool,
I don't own a cabby but have had my fair share of mk1,mk2, roccos,mk3,raddos,
if i can help in anyway let me know or drop me a line
regards kevin

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 June 2003, 07:32 »
Welcome to the forum Chris.
We share at least 2 things in common........we both have white Mk1 Golf GTI cabriolet's (all be it mine being nearer 20 years old) and we both drink Stella  ;D
Look forward to meeting you at a show soon......... 8)

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 27 June 2003, 08:57 »
Hi Chris
The more cabrios on here the better I feel, Mine seems to have had its share of pictures plastered over various sections of the site, check out my new lights, of which I am so proud ( thankyou Jv for the gentle persausion). I'm fairly new myself, about a month or 2, and have found the forum great for info and chat. and I have already been to my first meeting at the vwaction weekend.
Hope you get along to one soon, and if Rich has his on the road, and John goes for a bit of summer fun, we could get a good cabrio section there.
whisky, whisky,vodka and whisky
Adam B
« Last Edit: 27 June 2003, 13:48 by AdamB »
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 27 June 2003, 13:23 »
Hi Chris,

I shall join you in a virtual Stella, although after last night's curry+beer session I feel a bit dopey today  ::)

Good luck with the Golf project  :)

How about getting it ready in time for this:

http://www.golfgti.co.uk/viewnews.asp?newsID=31

jv
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline VWaxilMK1cab

• Not said much yet
  • 1992 mk1 cabrio gti
« Reply #5 on: 28 June 2003, 00:52 »
Cheers Lads, hope to get knocked on this weekend with bits and bobs, off down to german and swedish first thing in the am to pick up some items.

JV> I was actually looking at whitenoise last night, and quite fancy it, seeing as it's quite close 2 me compared to some of the other locations... so you can 95% count me in :) might have even bought a tent by then, if I can find one which is light enough to split and wear on my back (I'm a biker too! - ride a Suzi GSX4R)

Only thing that i'm disapointed with so far about the vdub is the seats, they are really harsh on your back! but it's a shame to get rid of them, cos dispite being an odd blue colour, they are absolutly immaculate! I'm sure someone said the Mk2 seats fit, but the doorcards would also need re-trimming, so we'll see what time brings, I'm in no rush to replace, have to see how much jip they give my back  8)

Hope 2 meet some of you soon, and get some ideas for my new found dubsession ;)  ;D