Author Topic: Clubsport Pops and bangs  (Read 787 times)

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Clubsport Pops and bangs
« on: 02 July 2021, 16:07 »
Hi all,

It sounds really asbo this but has anyone determined the sweetspot for the pops and bangs,

Do the exhausts need to be red hot?
Is there a particular 98 RON fuel (Tesco or Shell etc) that does it better than others?
Is manual or sport better?

it seemed to do it in Sport mode but since I've filled it up with Tesco Ultimate I don't seem to be getting the same overrun pops just not sure why and whether it is literally because the exhaust wasn't hot enough

Don't get me wrong not looking for it to be doing it all the time but my kids like it and want to be able to do it on demand!!!  :grin: :whistle:

TIA
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Re: Clubsport Pops and bangs
« Reply #1 on: 02 July 2021, 18:22 »
Hi all,

It sounds really asbo this but has anyone determined the sweetspot for the pops and bangs,

Do the exhausts need to be red hot?
Is there a particular 98 RON fuel (Tesco or Shell etc) that does it better than others?
Is manual or sport better?

it seemed to do it in Sport mode but since I've filled it up with Tesco Ultimate I don't seem to be getting the same overrun pops just not sure why and whether it is literally because the exhaust wasn't hot enough

Don't get me wrong not looking for it to be doing it all the time but my kids like it and want to be able to do it on demand!!!  :grin: :whistle:

TIA
I’ve only test driven a clubsport, but I found giving it some beans and lifting off at 4K revs seemed to produce some pops. Car was warm has had been driving about 15 minutes already. I think it worked in normal mode aswell as sport if I remember correctly.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack