Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654199 times)

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2420 on: 28 February 2015, 17:57 »
Booked it in for a weeks holiday at an airport car park while I go skiing for a week, I hope it doesn't mind being out of the garage to much! but for £26 you couldn't get a GTI to the airport and back for that price...

Next time I'm buying winter tyres and chains and having the fun driving it there laden with ski gear!!  :grin:

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #2421 on: 01 March 2015, 21:58 »
Fitted my bluetooth module and microphone at last! Got it coded and paired etc but cant answer incoming calls  :undecided: :cry:
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2422 on: 02 March 2015, 18:13 »
Parked it in works car park and returned to find it had a VW buddy, an old Scirocco.

image by rclbooth, on Flickr

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #2423 on: 02 March 2015, 18:47 »
Nice pic Booth! I saw 2 old Scirrocco's last night in Bolton playing with each other lol!
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2424 on: 02 March 2015, 21:15 »
Nice pic Booth! I saw 2 old Scirrocco's last night in Bolton playing with each other lol!

Don't see many of them round my way.  Think this one had been playing too as it had a big dent in the rear wing.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2425 on: 07 March 2015, 13:33 »
been up to "juicy detailing" in durham (north east england) to get some of the following :

1) dodo juice purple haze soft wax
2) dodo juice lime prime polish
3) bilt hamber clay
4) a dc electric polisher
5) reload carpro silica spray
6) top up of some snow foam

might do so before and after shots. nothing getting done today as weather is pits! hopefulyl tomorrow a dry warm day (no wind) may see these all in use!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would also say the guys up at the unit "juicy detailing" are great. more than enough time for you to explain all sorts!

MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2426 on: 07 March 2015, 16:43 »
been up to "juicy detailing" in durham (north east england) to get some of the following :

3) bilt hamber clay

might do so before and after shots. nothing getting done today as weather is pits! hopefulyl tomorrow a dry warm day (no wind) may see these all in use!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Would also say the guys up at the unit "juicy detailing" are great. more than enough time for you to explain all sorts!

Nice selection  :cool:  Sounds like you're gonna be busy.  Be nice to see some before/after pics  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2427 on: 07 March 2015, 17:22 »

3) bilt hamber clay

Nice selection  :cool:  Sounds like you're gonna be busy.  Be nice to see some before/after pics  :smiley:

hopefully!!  :laugh:   been itching for the wind to die down to do it today. just wanna see if the electric unit is much cop!
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2428 on: 08 March 2015, 18:22 »
Driven it for the first time in a week, after its been sat in an airport carpark, got in and started first time, not the same for the ST that was parked next to me who's car had been left the same amount of time as mine and had to wait to have his car jumped.

Pulled away and instantly remembered why I bought it, that engine noise  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2429 on: 08 March 2015, 19:03 »
Driven it for the first time in a week, after its been sat in an airport carpark, got in and started first time, not the same for the ST that was parked next to me who's car had been left the same amount of time as mine and had to wait to have his car jumped.

Pulled away and instantly remembered why I bought it, that engine noise  :whistle:

It's reassuring when you turn the key and it fires up first time after being sat in a car park for a while.  Shame for the ST driver though  :whistle:

Hope it was as you left it, no marks, dings etc.  Whenever I leave mine at the airport, I dread coming back to find damage or bird sh!t all over it etching into the paintwork, but so far all ok.  Has always started without issue too. 

Hope the skiing was good.  Nice to have a break, makes you appreciate the car when you get back in the driver's seat  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual