Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654003 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1530 on: 26 May 2014, 17:17 »
What happened to the rabbit, is it dead now. What was the bang?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1531 on: 26 May 2014, 17:49 »
The rabbit was still alive was sitting on the intake pipe, when I opened the bonnet we both just looked at each other before it turned ducked under the bonnet ran along the bottom of the windscreen before dissapering into the bushes.. What you mean by bang?
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1532 on: 26 May 2014, 18:20 »

Oh that must have been fun.

I meant horrible noise, not bang, my fault.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1533 on: 26 May 2014, 20:36 »
Washed and waxed it, then finally got round to unplugging the soundaktor....I can now hear my turbo and dsg farts properly!  :angry: :smiley:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1534 on: 26 May 2014, 22:09 »

aha yea the noise started as a scratching noise prob the rabbit getting scared by the engine vibrating under it and it trying to run away.

Im quessing the padding is there and needed for heat protection the paint on the bonnet, hopefully with only a small amount damaged the paint should be ok until I can get hold of a new bit.
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1535 on: 26 May 2014, 22:36 »

aha yea the noise started as a scratching noise prob the rabbit getting scared by the engine vibrating under it and it trying to run away.

Im quessing the padding is there and needed for heat protection the paint on the bonnet, hopefully with only a small amount damaged the paint should be ok until I can get hold of a new bit.

Its just a sound buffer - loads of people run it without mate - more intake noise  :smiley:

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1536 on: 26 May 2014, 22:37 »
Washed and waxed it, then finally got round to unplugging the soundaktor....I can now hear my turbo and dsg farts properly!  :angry: :smiley:

I looked for mine but couldn't find it - Is it on the normal GTI or just 35's

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1537 on: 26 May 2014, 23:10 »

Its just a sound buffer - loads of people run it without mate - more intake noise  :smiley:

I did wonder if it was just sound deadening, but been told its there for heat protection... but if other people have had no problems without it, might just remove it and not replace.

I had a quick look where I think it is but couldn't find... prob looking in the wrong place

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1538 on: 27 May 2014, 09:51 »

Yeah it is fitted to the gti but not 100% from what year on tbh...

The speaker module is located underneath the passenger side wiper motor, it's a small round black unit with a 2 pin plug connector on the back right hand side (looking from the front of the engine)
I found it much easier to see and unplug the unit after removing the black bolt in firewall section (1 x m6 bolt and 1 x m6 nut to remove), 10 min job tops to unplug and tape the plug up etc  :smiley:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1539 on: 27 May 2014, 09:57 »
Can these not be deactivated via VCDS like the Mk7 can?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14