Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654177 times)

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1510 on: 06 May 2014, 19:14 »
Nice neil where'd you get them from? I keep waiting for the vagrbremtechnic website to go live but looks like its delayed another month

Best giving Dave a call direct pal, he's a busy man  :grin:
But got these to me on next day delivery,
I've got his mobile no: if you need it  :smiley:

I really can't spend any more on the car at the min so will hold out for a bit but Ive been looking at the NQSBBK setup for a while.  :tongue:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #1511 on: 06 May 2014, 20:07 »
Nice neil where'd you get them from? I keep waiting for the vagrbremtechnic website to go live but looks like its delayed another month

Best giving Dave a call direct pal, he's a busy man  :grin:
But got these to me on next day delivery,
I've got his mobile no: if you need it  :smiley:

I really can't spend any more on the car at the min so will hold out for a bit but Ive been looking at the NQSBBK setup for a while.  :tongue:

Anything is better than the standard set up  :smiley:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1512 on: 06 May 2014, 20:46 »
Yeah I have to say Id list it as the worst point of the car, although mine are pretty worn at the min and Ive only had it a couple of months so maybe its not fair to say that, but I hear a lot of others say the same. The NQSBBK looks great with its use of the standard disc size, an oem calliper with heaps of pad choice, the weight reduction and obviously the value for money. The only downside as far as I can see is having to run spacers with Monzas to get the clearance for the 4pot.

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1513 on: 07 May 2014, 21:58 »
I have been to a few garages in West Yorkshire, (mainly Bradford + Leeds) most of which are not worth a mention.

Read on a forum about these guys over at ABC Car Services and how they were top class at setting up cars for fast road / race. The main guy there "Artur" (who has spend 10 years working for the VAG group over in Poland) he is the owner & chief Tech there. He really knows his stuff when it could to setting up a car just the way a customer wants.

I went to him with the following work required:

*H&R roll bars 28mm / 24mm fitting
*PowerFlex Dogbone Arm insert
*My Milltek was blowing
*Needed a full geometry set up doing

He quote a very fair price and told me would need the car for 5 hours. Initially I thought it would be ok to chill out in his waiting room and watch a film on my iPad, but i managed to pick the week where he is having the waiting area renovated. So I was like damn, need to get a taxi home (10 miles away). He said no problem mate, my friend will take you. Which I thought was a really nice gesture from a garage. Me and his mate a great chat on the way home and talked about how un-reliable VAGS are  :grin:

Got the call 5 hours later, all done  :cool:

Went to pick it up and he gave me an overview of the work he had done and showed me the alignment printout and explained what he had changed and why.

As soon as i got in the car and hit the first corner it was clear how much of an improvement the roll bar and bushing had made, but it seemed to drive so much more straight and smooth.

I am rambling now, the main point is, if you live in the Leeds / Bradford area, be sure to give me a call and get a full geometry set-up done, it will make a world of difference :)

I wont be taking my car anywhere else now, and look forward to getting more work done there.

Here is his site and her is my print out

http://www.abc-carservice.co.uk/

MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1514 on: 12 May 2014, 22:38 »
Ross

That's good to know. I need to check my wheel alignment after an argument with a pothole. :angry: This place isn't too far from work for me.

Can I ask what price you paid?

Cheers

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1515 on: 12 May 2014, 22:53 »
@Buck

all depends on how many adjustments are needed mate. He will take you for a test run first, see how it drives, then he will ask what kind of set-up you want, ie fast road, track, economical etc..

I went for a slightly aggressive fast road, = more turn in and grip.

He will then make all the adjustments and then go for another drive with you. Range from £60-£120

Im quite good friends with him now, and told him other GTIs would be on the way, tell him i sent you

Ross with the MK6 Grey GTI    :cool:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1516 on: 13 May 2014, 00:01 »
Cheers  :cool:

Mine's stock set up but does need adjusting - has a slight pull to the left now :(

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #1517 on: 13 May 2014, 18:06 »
Took the car in to get the lacquer peel on the wheels sorted  :sad:

Ended up ordering a mk7  :laugh:

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1518 on: 16 May 2014, 22:09 »
May have taken the record for how much stuff can you fit in your GTi! I'm moving to a new RAF base so had to transport the contents of my room which looked like this:

So after the car had done being a workhorse for the day it was time for some pampering:

Then went out for dinner with the girlfriend and came back to find some has scraped the corner of my front bumper  :sick:
An eventful day for the car!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1519 on: 16 May 2014, 22:27 »
Travelling light eh, nothing like a nice clear view out of the rear window  :wink:

Careless drivers, hope the scrape polishes out.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11