Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 102115 times)

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #390 on: 28 January 2022, 13:12 »

Ok so software update done. There’s an improvement to vw satnav it’s more responsive. With regards to the passenger side rattle/vibration, a mechanic took the car out for a (hard) drive and heard the rattle. He said it was from the front passenger side brake. He’s done something to the brake and so far no rattle, but I’ve only driven 10 miles or so.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #391 on: 28 January 2022, 13:21 »
O and I need a new steering wheel! SOS issues…

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #392 on: 28 January 2022, 14:41 »

Not the SOS unit itself?

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #393 on: 28 January 2022, 15:44 »

Not the SOS unit itself?

They did the unit a few months ago Fred. I think the steering wheel bit it bull, just a way to charge more back to VW.

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #394 on: 28 January 2022, 21:47 »
Thanks for replying. I checked the assist menu. There wasn’t an option to toggle ACC there, you could customise its operation but fundamentally it appeared to be enabled.

The assist menu did have toggles for the lane assist etc.

Its definitely there if you click the end of the left stalk....

Ah, I was referring to the menu accessed via the button on the dashboard which gives a menu on the infotainment screen. Anyway, the dealer phoned and confirmed they couldn’t get it to work either so it’s gone to the workshop.

Offline GtiJames

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #395 on: 29 January 2022, 07:20 »

Not the SOS unit itself?

They did the unit a few months ago Fred. I think the steering wheel bit it bull, just a way to charge more back to VW.

I get the impression that the VW service department and the engineers do not have a clue what they are doing or talking about when it comes to fixing problems on the MK8.

Mine has been in 3 times in 4 weeks and still I get error messages and pops and crackles from the speakers

Any my squeaky suspension still squeaks but they say this is normal. Strange how my 14 year old jcw mini doesn’t squeak like my one year old Golf Gti.

They got one last chance to fix it or it’s getting px’d. Bored now of VWs incompetence.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #396 on: 29 January 2022, 09:02 »

Not the SOS unit itself?

I get the impression that the VW service department and the engineers do not have a clue what they are doing or talking about when it comes to fixing problems on the MK8.

Mine has been in 3 times in 4 weeks and still I get error messages and pops and crackles from the speakers

Any my squeaky suspension still squeaks but they say this is normal. Strange how my 14 year old jcw mini doesn’t squeak like my one year old Golf Gti.

They got one last chance to fix it or it’s getting px’d. Bored now of VWs incompetence.

They do appear to be completely uninterested in customer service. Mind you they are in general good at offering cheap machine made coffee.

Relishy57

« Reply #397 on: 29 January 2022, 09:07 »
 My service department listen to what I say and issues have been fixed. Not been in since last August though as I have been waiting for the ‘big’ update. Have a suspicion that too many times they come out worse 😂
A neighbour has a golf R he got about a year ago. On chatting to him recently he did not have a clue about any of the issues etc so I wonder how many people either have been very lucky or don’t know what things should be like. Imagine not knowing about switching off lane assist!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #398 on: 29 January 2022, 09:11 »
Thanks for replying. I checked the assist menu. There wasn’t an option to toggle ACC there, you could customise its operation but fundamentally it appeared to be enabled.

The assist menu did have toggles for the lane assist etc.

Its definitely there if you click the end of the left stalk....

Ah, I was referring to the menu accessed via the button on the dashboard which gives a menu on the infotainment screen. Anyway, the dealer phoned and confirmed they couldn’t get it to work either so it’s gone to the workshop.

Most likely they don't have a clue how to use it.

I'll give you that the instruction manual might as well not have been written, but "VW main dealer" might be presumed to actually have some knowledge of the products they sell, not least of which, I am sure a lot of staff are driving around in "demonstrators" that they use as their personal car seven days a week.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline wizzywig27

• Not said much yet
« Reply #399 on: 31 January 2022, 12:43 »
I got the update a little over a week ago, all good so far  :smiley: