Author Topic: oil leak.......?  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Phil.O

• Here all the time
oil leak.......?
« on: 06 April 2010, 09:41 »
Hi all,

i usually check my oil every couple of weeks to make sure that it's ok......didn't have a chance to check it for the last month and driving along suddlenly my low level light came on.  The car hasn't used a engine full of oil since i've had it (around 2years) so has got me a bit worried that it has now done.......

have checked for the obvious leaks and can not find anything so really not sure what it would be.......any suggestions of what i could check or what it might be?

Phil
a work in progress......someday i might think i'm happy with a car....maybe

so far: 40mm Gmax lowering kit, upper and lower S3 strut braces, pipercross panel filter, Smoothed air box and 18" Audi R8 reps

Offline jase555

• Here all the time
  • DUBS DONT DIE, THEY JUST GET LOWER!!
Re: oil leak.......?
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2010, 10:16 »
there really is only a couple of places the oil can go

external oil leak................ wet oily mess on your drive way/pavment and around the engine.

oil leaking into the coolant system............. milk/sludge in the coolant.

oil being forced into the chambers and out the zorst............. smoking.

Have a good look round but losing that much in such a short while sound like an external leak. clean engine, run car and check for fresh oil bud
DUBS DONT DIE, THEY JUST GET LOWER!!

Offline Phil.O

• Here all the time
Re: oil leak.......?
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2010, 08:33 »
cool, thanks for the help mate, will have a look tonight.

will have to get her up on some ramps to check then as got the under tray which will catch all the oil.......
a work in progress......someday i might think i'm happy with a car....maybe

so far: 40mm Gmax lowering kit, upper and lower S3 strut braces, pipercross panel filter, Smoothed air box and 18" Audi R8 reps