Author Topic: What have you done to your mk8 today?  (Read 120989 times)

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your mk8 today?
« Reply #640 on: 07 March 2023, 12:20 »
I am expected my order for the R paddles tomorrow - will have a flick back through the forum as I know a few people have fitted them. Believe Vokswizzard did a video too. Any tips appreciated though!
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #641 on: 07 March 2023, 13:25 »
Today I’ve driven my CS 386 miles at an average of 40.4mpg. That takes it to 2227 miles in the last month alone..

Wow, I took delivery end of Oct 2022 and ive just ticked past 1700 miles!

Mine’s approaching 21000 now. I bought it used in August when it was on 8000 miles

That's a fair few miles. Motorway?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #642 on: 07 March 2023, 15:29 »
I'm at 2 years and 22k now.

Not a lot for me vs the past!

Time to think about what happens in 12 months time I guess. Too late to order a new Golf  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #643 on: 07 March 2023, 20:53 »
Fab pics Damian  :cool:

What a car to do those trips in too  :smiley:

Time to think about what happens in 12 months time I guess. Too late to order a new Golf  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now there’s a shared dilemma!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #644 on: 07 March 2023, 21:43 »
Ooooh the cat is minutes away from me. Great fun. Even better on two wheels  :evil:

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #645 on: 07 March 2023, 23:20 »
That looks amazing  :cool:
7.5 GTD

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #646 on: 08 March 2023, 11:54 »
Today I’ve driven my CS 386 miles at an average of 40.4mpg. That takes it to 2227 miles in the last month alone..

Wow, I took delivery end of Oct 2022 and ive just ticked past 1700 miles!

Mine’s approaching 21000 now. I bought it used in August when it was on 8000 miles

That's a fair few miles. Motorway?

A few yes, for work. But I also go out with friends at the weekend and take A and B roads instead, they’re much more fun

I’m also lucky enough to have customers in Wales and near the Yorkshire Dales so if I time it right there’s room for a hoon. I’ve gone to Ribblehead Viaduct, Black Mountains, Cheddar Gorge, Beachy Head, Cotswolds in the last month

I can vouch for the roads in the Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons - as long as you're not behind a tractor  :grin:

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #647 on: 27 March 2023, 19:15 »
Washed my car for the first time since it was ceramic coated by willni about 6 weeks ago. Snow foam and shampoo only. I also changed the centre caps on my Borbets but I don’t think anyone but me would know. The car came up really well after being coated.

Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #648 on: 30 April 2023, 21:32 »
971 miles in. Pretty sure I’ve just irreparably damaged my front drivers side tyre based on the visible bulge!

Wasn’t even hooning it… just going along at 30mph in the dark, got distracted by the automatic lane control trying to steer me for no reason and didn’t see the stealth crater that must have been there.

Hopefully no damage to the rear or either wheel but too dark to see properly. Did same to my mk 1 many years  ago and the front alloy shattered and the rear had a massive bend it in but the wheels were soft enough could be hammered back enough to use.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #649 on: 01 May 2023, 08:28 »
971 miles in. Pretty sure I’ve just irreparably damaged my front drivers side tyre based on the visible bulge!

Wasn’t even hooning it… just going along at 30mph in the dark, got distracted by the automatic lane control trying to steer me for no reason and didn’t see the stealth crater that must have been there.

Hopefully no damage to the rear or either wheel but too dark to see properly. Did same to my mk 1 many years  ago and the front alloy shattered and the rear had a massive bend it in but the wheels were soft enough could be hammered back enough to use.

Once you sort the tyre out, you might want to get someone with OBD11 or VCDS to turn off the Kamikaze mode (lane assist) - I think it's more likely to cause an accident than prevent one - sees the lane markings, ignores anything in between that you're looking to avoid (cones for lane narrowing, parked cars etc).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.