Author Topic: Remap whats the differance  (Read 956 times)

Offline bobreece

• I live here
Remap whats the differance
« on: 29 July 2009, 23:28 »
whats the differance between superchips, r-tech, cc tuning and all the others are they all the same map or are the all different?
« Last Edit: 30 July 2009, 00:06 by richw911 »

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: whats the differance
« Reply #1 on: 29 July 2009, 23:32 »
The price  :grin:

They are all sightly different As each company has its own map. 

They work off the same principles though  :wink:

Go for R tech cheap and spot on after service you wont find with the others  :afro:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline bobreece

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 July 2009, 23:35 »
superchips guys are round corner from me just found out thats all but u still recommened r-tech?

how are they differnt will one map give better mpg and the other give better bhp?

sorry to sound anoying

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #3 on: 29 July 2009, 23:39 »
superchips guys are round corner from me just found out thats all but u still recommened r-tech?

how are they differnt will one map give better mpg and the other give better bhp?

sorry to sound anoying

Yep R- tech half the price of most company's :afro:

Some maps will spike the boost and tail off early some will give slightly more torque, Others will be smooth consent power delivery ect ect

R- tech is very smooth BTW  :smiley:

Offline bobreece

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 29 July 2009, 23:43 »
cheers for that anyone have experiance with superchips? or know anyone who has?

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2009, 23:49 »
cheers for that anyone have experiance with superchips? or know anyone who has?

Ask in the MK5 section  :lipsrsealed:

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2009, 23:54 »
i had a super chip in my ford fiesta xr2i, a plug in chip , cost £200 and the only difference it made was a slight change to the tickover a wast of mony that was ,iv still got the chip the car was scrapped 6 years ago . Had R-TECH map my golf 1.8 turbo and the difference it made was bloody good  :shocked:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline ABOO

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2009, 07:58 »
i had a super chip in my ford fiesta xr2i, a plug in chip , cost £200 and the only difference it made was a slight change to the tickover a wast of mony that was ,iv still got the chip the car was scrapped 6 years ago . Had R-TECH map my golf 1.8 turbo and the difference it made was bloody good  :shocked:

Bit of an unfair comparison mate. A 1.6 n/a [xr2i was 1.6 wasn't it], and a turbo'd car. Whether it's petrol or diesel the gains on a turbo are a world apart from normally aspirated engines. V 6's make more but still a lot less than the whistling engine bays :wink:
2001 aum 1.8T