Author Topic: Any other 17 yr old GTI drivers?  (Read 9442 times)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Re: Any other 17 yr old GTI drivers?
« Reply #40 on: 03 December 2007, 13:48 »
I had my mk Golf Gti when I was 18. :smiley:

Now i'm nearly 20 :laugh:

Offline vdub_adz

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #41 on: 03 December 2007, 22:26 »
im only 19 and im payin £1600 for my 1.6 mk3 golf 1998. it is my first car and thats with quinn direct, i searched for days for cheap insure and they wanted between £2200 and £3000. thats with my girlfriend on it as well. and i jumped in the air when quinn direct gave me that price. i can also drive other cars and my m8s cant lol. love it

Offline k33p it low

• Here all the time
« Reply #42 on: 03 December 2007, 22:35 »
Im 19years old with no no-claims (because my passat is insured in germany).
I heard good things about HIC so I thought i get a quote on the mk1 gti I just bought. And 3rd party fire+theft it is 594 quid for me. Is that good? or shall i try another company?

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 06 December 2007, 02:14 »
Im 19years old with no no-claims (because my passat is insured in germany).
I heard good things about HIC so I thought i get a quote on the mk1 gti I just bought. And 3rd party fire+theft it is 594 quid for me. Is that good? or shall i try another company?

I would say that is f**king good!

I'm paying just over 500 for a mk2 8v and i'm 20 with 2 years no claims and i'm in pretty much the best post-code you can get!

Offline tommk3cab

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 06 December 2007, 22:39 »
im 20 with two years no claims 1.8 mk3 driver, just me 480 third party fire and theft, all with quinn direct who are great for first time drivers!

I was just about to say quinn, im 23 and Ive been quoted £1200 fully comp on a jap import MR2 turbo. no-one else would even touch me, I just have to find the actual MR2 now!

Offline Jay-Tee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #45 on: 07 December 2007, 23:58 »
I cant believe all these people who are driving GTIs in their teens. I put down a deposit on my MK2 16v when i was 20 only find out that most insurance companies REFUSED ME COMPLETELY and would under no circumstances insure me on a "hot hatch" until i was 21. Luckily i was due to turn 21 in a few weeks time and it was just a case of taking the car home on the back of a truck and keeping it on the drive for a while. Tesco Insurance thanked me for all those years of insurance on my previous car by wanting £1200 from me for the GTI. I said f**k that and decided to shop around for a bit before settling with churchill who i am paying just over £600 for fully comp, not bad i thought.

Offline k33p it low

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 08 December 2007, 15:57 »

I'm paying just over 500 for a mk2 8v and i'm 20 with 2 years no claims and i'm in pretty much the best post-code you can get!

well, I think i will go with HIC then.
Only problem is that I have to get the car back onto the road first and that probably wont be until march next year, but hey then Ill be 20 and insurance might go down a bit.

Offline Britman

• Here all the time
« Reply #47 on: 14 December 2007, 01:12 »
churchill are cr@p mate they dont let you have mods on your car or thats what it said on there blurb gumf etc etc, plus need proof of alarm systems, what a load of  bollocks, guess thats why there cheap if cant add mods

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #48 on: 21 December 2007, 09:30 »

well, I think i will go with HIC then.
Only problem is that I have to get the car back onto the road first and that probably wont be until march next year, but hey then Ill be 20 and insurance might go down a bit.

glad too see you where happy with your quote and yeah i would expect it to drop further after your birthday  :smiley:

I cant believe all these people who are driving GTIs in their teens. I put down a deposit on my MK2 16v when i was 20 only find out that most insurance companies REFUSED ME COMPLETELY and would under no circumstances insure me on a "hot hatch" until i was 21. Luckily i was due to turn 21 in a few weeks time and it was just a case of taking the car home on the back of a truck and keeping it on the drive for a while. Tesco Insurance thanked me for all those years of insurance on my previous car by wanting £1200 from me for the GTI. I said f**k that and decided to shop around for a bit before settling with churchill who i am paying just over £600 for fully comp, not bad i thought.

It can often be due to how long you have been driving too, a lot of companies will be more worried about how long you have had your full driving licence as well as how old you are before they will insure you on a gti or similar.  :smiley:

Offline benjo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #49 on: 02 January 2008, 02:07 »
I'm 18, and i've been driving my Mk2 1.6 Driver since i was 17. Paying £80 a month as a named driver  :undecided:

I keep trying to get quotes for a 8v GTi and it's averaging around £2000 lol

When will i be old enough for a GTi?!  :sad: