Author Topic: "4D" number plates. Anyone got them?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: "4D" number plates. Anyone got them?
« Reply #20 on: 02 February 2022, 21:00 »
You do need skin like a rhino on Internet forums at times but if you think this place is bad (it isn’t) then a quick visit to a social media based car group might show what a real knee jerk roasting looks like!  :grin:

I know you were only joking but the photo should stand! Plenty of room for all tastes here and so long as the plate is legal it’s fine. And even if it isn’t then that’s personal choice, there are plenty of illegal exhaust systems on people’s cars on forums.

Personally I think wind deflectors should be banned as they completely ruin the car’s lines yet other (more trendy) people love them.

I run Chinese replica wheels, I’m sure many enthusiasts think that’s a crime against cars and I should be thrown in jail.

As Frank Sinatra once said: “that’s life”
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 03 February 2022, 00:41 »
Kind words, Exonian.  :smiley: Thank you. I happen to like your wheels. I still haven’t managed to get mine on with my winter tyres - yet.
« Last Edit: 03 February 2022, 00:43 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 03 February 2022, 05:43 »
No worries Ceefeesh, we have a great bunch of people on here, so helpful and some excellent knowledge and/or research skills. Answers to requests for opinions will always be divisive and some replies brutally honest  :grin: but at the end of the day just an opinion like any other.
I dread to think what people make of some things I say around the forum if their sense of humour isn’t similar to mine. Thankfully people generally politely ignore me rather than take offence. Words look different depending on who is reading them and how they read into them.

I can’t believe you still haven’t bolted your Reifnitz on!!  :grin:
Quick, they forecast snow over the next 24 hours so get them on the car before you miss winter altogether again  :laugh:

Back on topic (more or less), over the last thirty odd years I’ve modified just about every part of a car except bodywork and numberplates. For some reason I’ve never had the slightest desire to change either a registration number or the actual plate. I’m a bit odd like that.
That’s the great thing about cars though, they can be customised in so many different ways to suit an individual’s taste from spending a few quid/Euros upwards into tens of thousands. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 03 February 2022, 10:22 »

PS SJV to my knowledge 3mm plates are gel plates. I used to have those too but was advised they were passé.

It depends where you order your plates from. Some places do 3mm acrylic and "double thick" 6mm acrylic, which look the equivalent of yours.

No need to remove the picture, the world would be boring if everyone liked the same things