Author Topic: Import Clubsport  (Read 6906 times)

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Re: Import Clubsport
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2017, 16:21 »
The car salesman in question know enough and are honest enough to tell you, they only come with 2nd not the 3 year warranty you would expect on a UK VW main dealer supplied car.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 20 December 2017, 16:42 »
3 of the people selling them told me they got them from Ireland

But it might've been Northern Ireland as Republic of Ireland cars would have KPH clocks. Lets face it, you can't rely on the accuracy of car salesmen on the subject of cars, I suspect their knowledge of geography may also be suspect....

Northern Irish cars are UK spec.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 20 December 2017, 17:07 »
They all confirmed they are from ROI and because of this are not official uk cars and only have 2 yr warranty
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 20 December 2017, 18:12 »

But it might've been Northern Ireland as Republic of Ireland cars would have KPH clocks. Lets face it, you can't rely on the accuracy of car salesmen on the subject of cars, I suspect their knowledge of geography may also be suspect....

When did they stop giving you the choice to have your car speedo in mph or kph?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 20 December 2017, 18:17 »

When did they stop giving you the choice to have your car speedo in mph or kph?

Republic cars are KPH only since 2005. I think some manufacturers will allow you factory spec MPH clocks if you really insist but I think most of us are accustomed to KPH by now. We tend to get a fair amount of used UK imports though and those all have MPH obviously. So as usual, with a lot of things here, its a bit half arsed.

I guess the growing popularity of "Active Info Display" type dashboards will make switching from one to the other much easier anyway.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #25 on: 20 December 2017, 18:47 »
AID doesn't let you change the main speedo clock from kph to mph. What you can do is set the units to the other one then display the digital speed display to show it.

Maybe with vcds you could change the main clock...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 20 December 2017, 19:21 »
AID doesn't let you change the main speedo clock from kph to mph. What you can do is set the units to the other one then display the digital speed display to show it.

Maybe with vcds you could change the main clock...

Easily done with VCDS / Obd11.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 20 December 2017, 21:23 »
I was looking at an R on Sunday and the Vw dealer told me that the value of these imported clubsports would be far less than a UK car come resale/trade in. Glad I didn’t go for one of these. Clitheroe Honda had a really nice silver one. As soon as it went it was replaced with a black one. A seemingly never ending supply.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.