Author Topic: Throttle response gti....oh my god moment  (Read 63991 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Throttle response gti
« Reply #30 on: 03 July 2016, 18:52 »
Back on topic regarding the pedal box, I know nothing whatsoever about them so a few questions to those who do-
Are they easy to fit and unobtrusive?
Do they affect fuel economy?
Are they reliable?
No more questions :smiley:

Have a look in here at the fitting tips and guide which will give you a good idea of what is involved.  They are easy to fit if you take your time and exercise a bit of patience, as some of the clips can be stiff.  They can be difficult to remove, but since mine's never coming off that's ok.  :laugh:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=276517.0

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 03 July 2016, 18:54 »
Looks like an easy fit, going by the How To here, including pictures by Rebecca (Booth11). Not sure if the throttle response is an issue for me, but I haven't tried one, so.......   I must say that the inch of lost travel surprises me. Why is it there? If it was a cable, you'd be adjusting the slack out of it!

Just beat me to it, Rebecca!  :smiley:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 06 July 2016, 11:36 »
Just ordered, I will post my thoughts when it is fitted.
gti pp manual white 5 door

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 06 July 2016, 17:41 »
Looks like an easy fit, going by the How To here, including pictures by Rebecca (Booth11). Not sure if the throttle response is an issue for me, but I haven't tried one, so.......   I must say that the inch of lost travel surprises me. Why is it there? If it was a cable, you'd be adjusting the slack out of it!

Just beat me to it, Rebecca!  :smiley:

Haha, so I did.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 06 July 2016, 17:41 »

Nice one!  Let us know what you think of it once it's on.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 07 July 2016, 06:59 »

Yes I will, just one question do you remove the battery connections before plugging this in ?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 07 July 2016, 08:05 »

Yes I will, just one question do you remove the battery connections before plugging this in ?

No, no need to disconnect the battery.  :smiley:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline buddfridge

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 08 July 2016, 10:05 »

Hi Booth and any other interested owners.

I put the pedal box on this morning and it went in really easy, I then took the car around the block for a quick spin and got the ...oh my god moment, it feels blistering ..very very quick and its been said but again it feels connected like an extension of my leg.

The box feels like it is anticipating your every move and then reacting instantly to your input, I remember a sprinter once saying he went on the B of the bang as opposed to reacting to the g..well this is certainly reacting to the B now, but I am not even sure it ever went on the G really it was delayed a little longer in my mind.
I cant wait to finish work and jump in again, my first thoughts are this has got to be the best £150 you could spend on a mk7 gti/gtd/R…I will leave it at that for now…ps the insurance did not charge any extra for this to be added.
« Last Edit: 08 July 2016, 10:08 by buddfridge »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Throttle response gti....oh my god moment
« Reply #38 on: 08 July 2016, 13:42 »

I put the pedal box on this morning and it went in really easy, I then took the car around the block for a quick spin and got the ...oh my god moment, it feels blistering ..very very quick and its been said but again it feels connected like an extension of my leg.

The box feels like it is anticipating your every move and then reacting instantly to your input, I remember a sprinter once saying he went on the B of the bang as opposed to reacting to the g..well this is certainly reacting to the B now, but I am not even sure it ever went on the G really it was delayed a little longer in my mind.
I cant wait to finish work and jump in again, my first thoughts are this has got to be the best £150 you could spend on a mk7 gti/gtd/R…I will leave it at that for now…ps the insurance did not charge any extra for this to be added.

That's a great description of it buddfridge!  No, as standard as you say, it didn't even go on the g of the bang, it went on the last dot of the ... sometime after the bang, lol.

Really pleased it is living up to expectation, it's an often stated cliche but it transforms the car, it really does. Yep best bang for your buck......literally.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #39 on: 08 July 2016, 19:12 »

Sounds like its a great addition to your car, good to hear your review. :wink: