Author Topic: xbox kinect  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Re: xbox kinect
« Reply #20 on: 04 November 2010, 20:17 »
You could pause without lifting your finger, just tell it to pause  :wink:

The new Apple TV has NO hard drive for your content! Might aswell buy a cheap cable for your iMac to connect to your telly and play video like that :undecided:
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #21 on: 04 November 2010, 20:32 »
Apple TV is not about storage, that's what your imac and time capsule are for. With a network drive you don't need the mac on either. I'd probably be more keen on the xbox as a media centre if I was a PC user but as a mac user it can't use my 30Gb itunes library :o(

Nick

Offline bobotheclown

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 05 November 2010, 13:17 »
Kinetic and Sony Move are going to have problems getting in traction. It's all about games and that killer app. If no one buys the Kinetic or there is limited take up due to cost then why would software developers make great games for it? And if there aren't any great games for the Kinetic then why would people buy the Kinetic? Vicious circle that one. It needs Microsoft/Sony to develop a killer app that makes people want to invest in the hardware so that third party developers can see that there is a market for them to make money from.

The Wii had the advantage of being motion control from the get go therefore games are developed with that in mind. Also it got bundled with Wii Sports which was a great piece of software to demo the console.

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #23 on: 05 November 2010, 13:40 »
not many people for it then. im looking forward to it . i can pause films and other stuff without getting up

You lazy sh!t.  :grin:

Personally I'm not interested in Kinect at the moment, it's features that aren't game related are cool, yes, but the games are just a no go for me.

Btw, Nick, there is an app called Connect360, I've been using it for 3 year flawlessly from my MacBook Pro (and now iMac) to watch movies and shows from my Mac to my 360. :afro:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #24 on: 05 November 2010, 14:06 »
not many people for it then. im looking forward to it . i can pause films and other stuff without getting up

Personally I'm not interested in Kinect at the moment, it's features that aren't game related are cool, yes, but the games are just a no go for me.

Btw, Nick, there is an app called Connect360, I've been using it for 3 year flawlessly from my MacBook Pro (and now iMac) to watch movies and shows from my Mac to my 360. :afro:

Oooh that sounds awesome, will ook into it!

nick

Offline opel

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 05 November 2010, 16:31 »
dont wont to wear myself out alot of work to get off the couch

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #26 on: 05 November 2010, 18:40 »

Oooh that sounds awesome, will ook into it!

nick

It's about £15 to buy or there are Bays that have Pirates that can get it for you. Uses your wireless network to work. :)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #27 on: 10 November 2010, 12:19 »
Had a quick go on Kinect in my Local Asda last night playing the bowling game. It was a good test as I've played bowling on the Wii.

It's much better than the Wii for this game but it didn't make me want to part with £150 or whatever it costs.

Nick

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 10 November 2010, 15:45 »
cant really compare this to the wii imo, they are different kinds of consoles. Wii has always been family and friends orientated thing, and imo the xbox is more of a geek sit in your room on your own and play call of duty kind of console

I think this along with the playstation more or whatever sh!te its called is just an attempt to take some of the market away from the wii, and I dont think it will last long especially for the silly money they are charging. If people want a moton sensored console they will still buy the wii, I cant see anyone buying an xbox for this feature.

Expecting to see this on one of the top gadget fail lists in the future along with the saturn and the dreamcast
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 10 November 2010, 15:50 »
cant really compare this to the wii imo, they are different kinds of consoles. Wii has always been family and friends orientated thing, and imo the xbox is more of a geek sit in your room on your own and play call of duty kind of console

I think this along with the playstation more or whatever sh!te its called is just an attempt to take some of the market away from the wii, and I dont think it will last long especially for the silly money they are charging. If people want a moton sensored console they will still buy the wii, I cant see anyone buying an xbox for this feature.

Expecting to see this on one of the top gadget fail lists in the future along with the saturn and the dreamcast

I agree, this won't take off £130.00 for an add on, you can buy a wii for that.  Massive failure.
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS