Author Topic: Auto Glym High Definition Wax  (Read 3493 times)

Offline Schuey

• GTI forum regular
Re: Auto Glym High Definition Wax
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2009, 21:30 »
It gets good write ups and a lot of people do like but if your going to buy it buy because you think it'll be for you and not becasue you've been offered it at a low price  :smiley:

Good pont mate..
:wink:
What is the BEST wax to get then,as im wanting to wax my car & unsure what wax to get??..
 :undecided:
Cheers..
 :cool:

I have tried Zymol Carbon on a few of my cars, MKV GTI/R32/ED30 but got hugely varying results despite the same prep routine.

Switched to the AG HD Wax which has given a better but also easier finish for me, some times the Zymol was a nightmare, durability & beading were better with Zymol on the GTI but going back to the point made, if you're on a budget of £20-30 I would say the HD is fine.

I have also picked up a Grey A3 S Line , so will HD that this weekend & put some pics on here.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 16 October 2009, 11:18 »
Nice depth there, it'll be interesting to see how durable HD is.

HD is not that durable on it's own. It will last for about 5-6 washes, but if you top it up with AG Aqua Wax every other wash, it'll last for months. If you use it as a drying aid, you'll do a whole car in around 10 minutes.

Aqua Wax is quite expensive in the shops, but you can get it in 5 litre containers for around £20 off the AG trade vans.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 October 2009, 16:32 »

HD is not that durable on it's own. It will last for about 5-6 washes, but if you top it up with AG Aqua Wax every other wash, it'll last for months. If you use it as a drying aid, you'll do a whole car in around 10 minutes.

Aqua Wax is quite expensive in the shops, but you can get it in 5 litre containers for around £20 off the AG trade vans.

That's what I expected.  IS the 5 litre trade tin not known as something else?

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 October 2009, 16:52 »
£15 for HD is a bargain  :laugh:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 16 October 2009, 17:43 »

That's what I expected.  IS the 5 litre trade tin not known as something else?

It is. It's called Express Wax.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.